The Adventure Company
|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Products||Syberia, Broken Sword 3, Still Life.|
The Adventure Company is a publishing label of Nordic Games. It is formally a division of DreamCatcher Interactive but was sold to Nordic Games in 2011 following DreamCatcher's parent JoWooD Entertainment being sold after entering administration.
The Adventure Company was first launched in January 2002 as a division and brand of DreamCatcher Interactive to distribute their adventure games titles under. The first title released under the new brand was The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness which was released at the end of January 2002. The Adventure Company has worked with many developers including: Kheops Studio, THQ, Microïds, and Cryo Interactive. In 2006 DreamCatcher Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Austrian video game publisher JoWooD Productions Software.
On August 16, 2011, Nordic Games Holding announced that it had acquired JoWood, its products and brands and some of the companies subsidiaries, including The Adventure Company following JoWood entering into administration at the start of 2011. Following the acquisition it was announced that JoWood and the Adventure Company will become publishing labels for Nordic Games GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nordic Games Holding.
- A Vampyre Story
- Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None
- Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
- Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun
- Atlantis: The Lost Tales (Rerelease)
- Atlantis II: Beyond Atlantis (Rerelease)
- Atlantis III: The New World (Rerelease)
- Atlantis IV: Evolution
- Atlantis V: The Sacred Legacy
- Aura: Fate of the Ages
- The Black Mirror
- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
- Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
- The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness
- The Cameron Files: The Pharaoh's Curse
- The Crystal Key
- Cypher / Traitors Gate 2
- Dark Fall
- Dark Fall: Lights Out
- Dead Reefs
- Dracula: Origin
- ECHO: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
- Evidence: The Last Ritual
- The Experiment
- The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft
- Crime Stories
- The Messenger
- Missing: Since January
- Mysterious Journey II
- The Moment of Silence
- Next Life
- Nibiru: Age of Secrets
- Post Mortem
- Return to Mysterious Island
- ROTS-1 Riddle of the Sphinx
- ROTS-2 The Omega Stone
- Sam & Max Season One
- Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure
- Schizm: Mysterious Journey
- Realms of Illusion
- Secret Files: Tunguska
- Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
- Still Life
- Treasure Island
- Voyage: Inspired by Jules Verne
- Walker, Trey (2002-01-10). "DreamCatcher launches The Adventure Company". GameSpot. Retrieved 2011-08-17.[dead link]
- "JoWooD to acquire Video Game Publisher DreamCatcher Inc.". euro adhoc. 2006-11-03. Archived from the original on 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2011-08-17.
- "JoWooD & The Adventure Company, wholly owned labels of Nordic Games GmbH.". Nordic Games. Archived from the original on 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2011-08-17.
- "Nordic Games Holding AB Group Acquires JoWood & The Adventure Company". Nordic Games. 2011-08-16. Archived from the original on 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2011-08-17.
- "The Adventure Company Games". adventurecompanygames.com. Archived from the original on 2007-05-08. Retrieved 2007-06-28.