The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis
|Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis|
The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis #1 (1952).
|Publisher||National Periodical Publications, an imprint of DC Comics|
|No. of issues||124|
|Main character(s)||Jerry Lewis|
|Written by||Cal Howard|
The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis is the title of a celebrity comics comic book published by DC Comics featuring the popular team of comedians Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. The series ran for 40 issues from 1952 through 1957, at which time the title was renamed because of the real life breakup of the team. The title was continued as The Adventures of Jerry Lewis thereafter for issues #41-124. The new series featured the comedian Jerry Lewis in a variety of humorous situations. Infrequent guest stars included Batman, Bob Hope, Lex Luthor, Superman, the Flash. and Wonder Woman, Notable artists who worked on the series include Bob Oksner and Neal Adams.
- The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis at the Grand Comics Database
- The Adventures of Jerry Lewis at the Grand Comics Database
- Drake, Arnold (w), Oksner, Bob (p), Oksner, Bob (i). "Batman Meets Jerry" The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 97 (Nov.-Dec. 1966)
- Drake, Arnold (w), Oksner, Bob (p), Oksner, Bob (i). "Superman Meets Jerry" The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 105 (March–April 1968)
- "The Flash Meets Jerry Lewis" The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 112 (May–June 1969)
- The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 117 (March–April 1970)
- McAvennie, Michael; Dolan, Hannah, ed. (2010). "1960s". DC Comics Year By Year A Visual Chronicle. Dorling Kindersley. p. 124. ISBN 978-0-7566-6742-9.
[In July–August 1967], The Adventures of Jerry Lewis #101 perfectly illustrated how Adams was equally adept at delivering the art of laughter. In his first full-length story for DC, he provided writer Arnold Drake's space odyssey 'Jerry the Asto-Nut' with a photo-realistic flare not seen in comics.
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|