The Adventures of Kit Carson
|The Adventures of Kit Carson|
|Directed by||John English (and others)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||103|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||MCA TV|
|Original release||August 11, 1951 –|
November 22, 1955
The Adventures of Kit Carson is an American Western television series that aired in syndication from August 1951 to November 1955, originally sponsored by Coca-Cola. It stars Bill Williams in the title role as frontier scout Christopher "Kit" Carson. Don Diamond co-starred as "El Toro", Carson's Mexican companion.
The Adventures of Kit Carson was intended for children, and presents a fictionalized version of Carson and his life. In the series, Kit Carson roamed the West with his companion El Toro, seeking to help those in need. Kit rode a horse named Apache.
Cast and characters
- Bill Williams as Kit Carson
- Don Diamond as El Toro
- John L. Cason as Carl Rigby
- Peter Mamakos as El Broho
- Richard Avonde as Don Felipe
- Tristram Coffin as Colonel Culver
- Francis McDonald as George
- Rico Alaniz, four episodes, including the role of Joaquin Murrieta in "California Outlaws" (August 11, 1951), series premiere
- James Craven as General Banning in seven episodes
- Brett King as Brad Randall in "The Teton Tornado" (1951)
- Nan Leslie, five episodes (1953-1954)
- Ewing Mitchell, three episodes (1951-1952)
- Mike Ragan, four episodes, "The Dry Creek Case", "Trails Westward", "The Wrong Man", and "Trail to Bordertown" (all 1954)
- William Tannen, seven episodes (1951-1953)
- Carol Thurston, six episodes (1952-1953)
- Erickson, Hal (1989). Syndicated Television: The First Forty Years, 1947-1987. McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 0-7864-1198-8. P. 92.
- West, Richard (1987). Television Westerns: Major and Minor Series, 1946-1978. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland. pp. 13–14. ISBN 0-7864-0579-1.
- Terrace, Vincent (2009). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2007 (Volume 1). Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 978-0-7864-3305-6.
- ""California Outlaws", The Adventures of Kit Carson, August 11, 1951". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved May 15, 2014.