The Adventures of Lucius Leffing
Cover of the first edition
|Author||Joseph Payne Brennan|
|Cover artist||Luis Ferreira|
|Genre||Supernatural, Detective short stories|
|Publisher||Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|LC Class||PS3503.R455 A65 1990|
The Adventures of Lucius Leffing is a collection of supernatural, detective short stories by Joseph Payne Brennan. It was first published in 1990 by Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. in an edition of 1,000 copies, all of which were signed by the author and the artist. The stories feature Brennan's supernatural detective, Lucius Leffing. All but four of the stories first appeared in this collection. The others were taken from the magazines Weird Tales and Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine or from the anthology Night Visions 2, edited by Charles L. Grant.
- "The Nursing Home Horror"
- "The Vanning Case"
- "The Swamp Horror"
- "Death on 91"
- "Copycat Killer"
- "Murder in the Parks"
- "The Butcher Knife Murder"
- "Motive for Murder"
- "Wanderson’s Waste"
- "The Haunting at Juniper Hill"
- "The Delivery"
- "The Spruce Valley Monster"
- "Observations on Lorimer Street"
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento (2007-11-20). "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)". Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 334.
- Clute, John; John Grant (1997). The Encyclopedia of Fantasy. New York: St. Martin's Press. p. 139. ISBN 0-88184-708-9.