The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy|
|Directed by||Jeff Hall|
|Theme music composer||Bobby Bennett
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Peter Aries, Jr.|
|Producer(s)||Davis Doi (1988)|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||CBS Entertainment Productions|
|Distributor||CBS Television Distribution|
|Original release||September 17, 1988 – September 1, 1990|
The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy is an American animated television series that aired on CBS from September 17, 1988 to September 1, 1990. Based on the dolls Raggedy Ann and Andy by Johnny Gruelle, the series was produced directly by CBS in honor of the 70th anniversary of the characters. Although the show was retired in 1990, CBS aired reruns in 1991.
The plot involved a little girl named Marcella whose Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls would come to life when no humans were present in her bedroom. Then they would be whisked off to a parallel world to save its inhabitants from the villain, an evil but inept sorcerer known as Cracklin. Also aiding Ann and Andy were two of Marcella's other stuffed animals, a panda with a faux-British accent known as Grouchy Bear and a stuffed rabbit known as Sunny Bunny. Sometimes they would be joined by more modern toys such as robots or toy soldiers. Often the plot involved the toys helping children in such places as Ancient Egypt or a Native American tribe. As the cartoon was meant for younger audiences it was unlike most other cartoons of the 1980s which had "announcements", although one episode lightly touched upon the issue of poaching when Raggedy Ann, Andy and their friends had to save endangered unicorns from cattle rustlers, who sought to steal their horns for personal gain.
- Christina Lange as Raggedy Ann
- Josh Rodine as Raggedy Andy
- Charles Adler as Grouchy Bear
- Gaille Heidemann as Mother
- Kenneth Mars as The Camel with the Wrinkled Knees
- Dana Hill as Raggedy Dog
- Katie Leigh as Sunny Bunny
- Kath Soucie as Raggedy Cat
- Tracy Rowe as Marcella
2. The Pirate Adventure: A treasure map leading to a pot of gold leads the toys to a crew of pirates who kidnap Andy.
3. The Mabbit Adventure: Cracklin steals a book of spells from the mabbits.
4. The Beastly Ghost Adventure: A ghost story told by Marcella becomes horrifyingly true when the ghost of the tale begins terrorizing the toys.
5. The Pixling Adventure: Ann and Andy must return the infant prince of the Pixleys to his home before the evil Count Gerich takes over.
6. The Ransom of Sunny Bunny Adventure: Cracklin kidnaps Sunny Bunny.
7. The Megamite Adventure: Marcella's cousin David has a robot named Megamite, who gets whisked off into the parallel world with Raggedy Ann. When Cracklin sees Megamite has the power to transform water into silver, he steals the robot and dries up the reservoir of a village of pixies, risking widespread dehydration unless Raggedy Ann can recapture Megamite.
8. The Boogeyman Adventure
9. The Christmas Adventure
10. The Sacred Cat Adventure
11. The Little Chicken Adventure
12. The Warrior Star Adventure
13. The Magic Wings Adventure
- "The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy Episode Guide (1988)". BCDB. Retrieved 2013-11-18.
|This article about a children's television series produced in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|