The Adventures of Superboy
|The Adventures of Superboy|
|Created by||Whitney Ellsworth|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||1|
|Running time||25 minutes|
The Adventures of Superboy is a proposed TV series that was put into production in 1961. It was meant to capitalize on the success of Adventures of Superman, which went out of production in 1958. Only a pilot episode ("Rajah's Ransom") was produced, although 12 additional scripts had been prepared, had the series been picked up.
- Johnny Rockwell as Superboy/Kal-El/Clark Kent
- Bunny Henning as Lana Lang
- Monty Margetts as Martha Kent
- Ross Elliot as Fred Drake
- Charles Maxwell as Gunner Ferde
- Robert Williams as Chief Parker
- Richard Reeves as Shorty Barnes
- Yvonne White as Miss Gibbs
- Stacy Harris as Jake Ferde
- Jimmy Bates as Jimmie Drake
- Ray Walker as Mr. Edlund
- True Ellison as Donna
Video and DVD releases
The only stand-alone releases so far for The Adventures of Superboy have been from specialty distributors, such as Video Rarities, which released it on VHS along with The Adventures of Superpup and screen test footage as Superboy and Superpup: The Lost Pilots.
This pilot episode has been included in the 62-disc DVD box set of Smallville: The Complete Series, released by Warner Home Video in November 2011, along with additional bonus features not included in the individual season releases of Smallville.
A book titled Superboy and Superpup: The Lost Videos, written by Chuck Harter, was published in 1993 by Cult Movies Press. It looked at both The Adventures of Superboy pilot and The Adventures of Superpup pilot, as well as the 12 additional Superboy scripts that were prepared had the Superboy pilot been picked up as a series.
A short clip of this pilot can be seen in the documentary Look, Up In The Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman.
- Smallville - Press Release for 'The Complete Series', archived from the original on 2014-01-13, retrieved 2014-01-13
- "Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman" Retrieved 2013-11-17
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|