The Advocate: A Missing Body
|The Advocate: A Missing Body|
|Directed by||Heo Jong-ho|
|Produced by||Seo Young-hee |
|Written by||Lee Gong-ju |
|Starring||Lee Sun-kyun |
|Edited by||Shin Min-kyung|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
|Box office||₩8.53 billion|
The Advocate: A Missing Body (Korean: 성난 변호사; RR: Seongnan Byeonhosa; lit. "Angry Lawyer") is a 2015 South Korean courtroom thriller-comedy film co-written and directed by Heo Jong-ho.
Byeon Ho-sung is a hotshot lawyer at a big law firm; with a nearly 100% win rate, his life motto is "Winning is justice, and I am the winner." After Byeon wins a lawsuit for a large conglomerate pharmaceutical company, its chairman Moon Ji-hoon asks him to defend Moon's chauffeur Kim Jeong-hwan, who is suspected to have murdered a female college student named Han Min-jeong. A pool of blood was found at the crime scene where Kim was apprehended, but a body has not been found and there are no witnesses.
Kim insists that he and the victim were dating, but passionate rookie prosecutor Jin Sun-min believes that he was stalking Han. Just when Byeon is close to successfully contradicting Jin's claims and winning the case as he always does, his client abruptly confesses in court on the last day of the trial that he killed Han. Furious at his humiliation and even accused of tampering with evidence, Byeon uncharacteristically embarks on a search for the truth and teams up with Jin. But as he digs deeper, Byeon begins to uncover clues that may link the case back to Moon.
- Lee Sun-kyun as Byeon Ho-sung
- Kim Go-eun as Jin Sun-min
- Im Won-hee as Office manager Park
- Jang Hyun-sung as Moon Ji-hoon
- Choi Jae-woong as Kim Jeong-hwan
- Kim Yoon-hye as Han Min-jeong
- Park Ji-young as Representative Joo
- Choi Kyu-hwan as Department head Yoo
- Im Cheol-hyeong as Subsection chief Yoon
- Lee Jun-hyeok as Gil-dong
- Bae Yoo-ram as Yong-sik
- Min Jin-woong as Gap-soo
- Lee Jong-gu as Kim Ik-tae
- Hong Sung-deok as Kim Man-seok
- Park Soo-eun as Se-young
- Kwak In-joon as Chief public prosecutor
- Hwang So-hee as Ha Yoo-ri
- Joo Seok-tae as David Lee
By its third weekend, the film had earned ₩8.53 billion.
- Kevin Ma (October 26, 2015). "The Phone rings up South Korea box office". Film Business Asia. Archived from the original on November 17, 2015. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- Lim, Jeong-yeo (8 September 2015). "Lee Sun-kyun and Kim Go-eun on The Advocate: A Missing Body". K-pop Herald. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Lim, Jeong-yeo (9 September 2015). "Lee Sun-kyun to show 'different type' of lawyer in The Advocate". K-pop Herald. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Jin, Eun-soo (2 October 2015). "Review: The Advocate attempts too much at once". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Baek, Byung-yeul (5 October 2015). "Hard Day star Lee shows egoist-turned hero lawyer in Advocate". The Korea Times. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Won, Ho-jung (11 October 2015). "Herald Review: The Advocate is worth your patience". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Conran, Pierce (21 October 2015). "THE ADVOCATE : A MISSING BODY Secures US Release". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- Kim, Yeon-ji (22 October 2015). "'The irritated guy' returns to the screen". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Jeong, Han-seok (26 October 2015). "Korean Films Go to the Courtroom". Korean Cinema Today. Retrieved 6 November 2015.