The Africa Channel
|The Africa Channel|
|Launched||September 1, 2005|
|Owned by||The Africa Channel, LLC|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV) 1080i (HDTV)|
|Broadcast area||United States, Caribbean|
|Headquarters||North Hollywood, CA|
The Africa Channel is a TV channel showing travel, lifestyle and cultural series, specials and documentaries that the channel believes represents the continent's best programming and reflects the land, people, culture, and history of Africa. The Africa Channel premiered in the US in September 2005. 
The Africa Channel is broadcast in the United States through Comcast, Time Warner Cable, COX Communications and also available in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago, St. Lucia, Barbados, Bermuda, Grenada and other islands throughout the Caribbean.
The Africa Channel is an associate member of the Caribbean Cable Cooperative and is distinct from the international version of The Africa Channel which launched in September 2007. The African Channel is a showcase for the African most outstanding English language television series, specials, documentaries, feature films, music, soaps, biographies, current business analysis, cultural and historical programs. 
- Szalai, Georg (August 2006). "Cox set to bow Africa Channel". Hollywood Reporter.
- "The Africa Channel". The African Channel. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Cable Show 2010: Africa Channel To Launch In HD Come August Multichannel News May 12, 2010
- Member channels of the Caribbean Cable Cooperative
- Oatts, Joanne (2007-08-15). "Africa Channel launches on Sky". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2009-08-24.
- "The African Channel". The African Channel. Retrieved 25 September 2017.