The Age of Bronze
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Age of Bronze|
|French: L'Âge d'airain|
|Artist||Auguste Rodin (1840–1917)|
|Year||1877 (first exhibited)|
The Age of Bronze (French: L'Âge d'airain) is a bronze statue by the French sculptor Auguste Rodin (1840–1917). The figure is of a life-size nude male, 72 in. (182.9 cm) high. Rodin continued to produce casts of the statue for several decades after it was modelled in 1876.
When the statue was first exhibited at the 1877 Salon in Paris, France, Rodin was falsely accused of having made the statue by casting a living model, a charge that was vigorously denied. This charge benefited Rodin though, because people were so eager to see this for themselves.
Casts of the statue can be found in several museums around the world, including:
- "L'Age D'Airain (Age Of Bronze) > Search Our Fine Art Collection > Collection > Albright-Knox Art Gallery".
- "Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek by Brian McMorrow".
- "Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen, Denmark".
- fr:Lycée Rodin
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-09-01.
- "Musée d'Orsay: Auguste Rodin The Bronze Age".
- "The Age of Bronze - Rodin Museum".
- Database (undated). "Auguste Rodin" Archived June 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.. Nasher Sculpture Center. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "Auguste Rodin - The Age of Bronze - Collection - The National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo".
- "［ID:7584］ 青銅時代 ： 収蔵品情報 - 収蔵品データベース - 東京藝術大学大学美術館".
- "Profile of Works - TOKYO FUJI ART MUSEUM".
- Le Normand-Romain, Antoinette; Judrin, Claude; Vassalo, I. (1997). Vers l'âge d'airain, Rodin en Belgique: Exposition. Paris: Musée Rodin editions. ISBN 978-2-901428-60-2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to L'Âge d'airain.|