The Amazing Race: China Rush 3
|The Amazing Race: China Rush
|Season run||August 26 (ICS)
September 1 (DragonTV) – November 11, 2012 (ICS)
November 17 (DragonTV)
|Filming dates||April 1 – April 28, 2012|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Winning team||Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng|
|No. of legs||12|
|Distance traveled||5,000 mi (8,000 km)|
The Amazing Race: China Rush (Chinese: 极速前进：冲刺！中国; pinyin: Jísù Qiánjìn: Chōngcì! Zhōngguó) is a Chinese reality television series based on the American reality TV series, The Amazing Race. The third season features 11 teams of two, each with a pre-existing relationship, in a race across 11 cities in China, to win a trip around the world.
Trainers Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng were the winners of the race, becoming the first Chinese team in the history of the show to win the race.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Prizes
- 4 Race Summary
- 4.1 Leg 1 (Shanghai → Shanxi)
- 4.2 Leg 2 (Shanxi → Heilongjiang)
- 4.3 Leg 3 (Heilongjiang → Jilin)
- 4.4 Leg 4 (Jilin → Zhejiang)
- 4.5 Leg 5 (Zhejiang)
- 4.6 Leg 6 (Zhejiang → Anhui)
- 4.7 Leg 7 (Anhui → Jiangsu)
- 4.8 Leg 8 (Jiangsu → Taiwan)
- 4.9 Leg 9 (Taiwan → Guizhou)
- 4.10 Leg 10 (Guizhou → Yunnan)
- 4.11 Leg 11 (Yunnan)
- 4.12 Leg 12 (Yunnan → Sichuan)
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Development and filming
Introduced in this season is the Express Pass, which is awarded to the team who finishes first on the first Leg. This item would allow the team to skip a certain task of their choosing before leg 8. This season of the race also features an elimination at the Starting Line, which was first seen in the 15th American Season. Teams also made a visit to Taiwan, a first in the history of the show.
Filming for this season began April 1, 2012, and ended April 28, 2012.
Applications were accepted from December 1, 2011 with open auditions taking place in Shanghai in early January. Open auditions ended early February with applicants receiving notification if they were successful on Feb 15th.
Contestants include, Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang, finalists in China's Got Talent.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note this table does not necessarily reflect all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order.
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks
|刘伟伟 & 雷声||Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng||Trainers||1st||1st||5th||5th–||3rd||4th||1stε6||4th||1st||1st||3rd8||1st||Liu Weiwei 6, Lei Sheng 68|
|1||童尹恩 & 赵睿乔||Christine & Steven||Models||4th||3rd||7th||7th^||6th||3rd5||6th||2nd||2nd||4th||2nd||2nd||Christine 6, Steven 6|
|阮伯克 & 马景洋||Ryan & Charlie||Harvard Graduates||5th||5th3||3rd||1st+||2nd||1st||4th||3rd||4th||3rd||1st⊃||3rd||Ryan 6, Charlie 6|
|张业林 & 李洋||Zhang Yelin & Li Yang||Dating Couple||9th||4th||6th||3rd~||8th||5th||5th>||1st||3rd||2nd||4th⊂||Zhang Yelin 4, Li Yang 6|
|万黎 & 凯心||Janelle & Karin||Socialites||6th||9th||1stƒ||6th^||4th||6th5||2nd||5th||5th||5th||Janelle 5, Karin 4|
|邓凯馨 & 邓凯升||Khai Shing & Khai Sheng||Reternal Twins||7th||6th||2nd||2nd–||1st||2nd||3rd||6th7||Khai Shing 4, Khai Sheng 3|
|苏立元 & 刘静雯||Henry & Jennifer||Newlyweds||10th||7th||8th||8th~||5th||7th||7th<||Henry 4, Jennifer 2|
|小冰 & 小棒||Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang||Cousins/BBQ Performers||3rd||2nd||4th||4th+||7th||8th4||Xiao Bing 1, Xiao Bang 4|
|俞萍 & 俞辰静||Yu Ping & Yu Chenjing||Father/Daughter||2nd||8th||9th||Yu Ping 1, Yu Chenjing 1|
|尼克 & 李之盛||Nick & Brandon||Neighbors||8th||10th||Nick 1, Brandon 1|
|郝为加 & 罗伯特||Rob & Jia Jia||Friends/Animal Lovers||11th2||Rob 0, Jia Jia 0|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- A yellow > indicates that the team chose to use the Yield; < indicates the team who received it.
- A brown ⊃ means the team chose to use a U-Turn; ⊂ indicates the team who received it; ⊂⊃ around a leg number indicates a leg where the U-Turn was available but not used.
- Matching coloured symbols (pink +, teal ^, magenta –, and olive ~) indicate teams who worked together during part of the Leg as a result of an Intersection.
- ^ Christine & Steven are citizens of Taiwan, but in the program they were simply stated to be Chinese as the People's Republic of China does not recognize the Republic of China's statehood.
- ^ Jia Jia & Rob were eliminated at the Starting Line as per the provisions of the first task (see below).
- ^ Ryan & Charlie initially arrived 2nd, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for taking a taxi to the detour when the clue instructed them to walk. Three teams checked-in during the penalty time, dropping Ryan & Charlie to 5th.
- ^ Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang initially arrived 2nd, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for not putting their bags at the designated area at the Detour location. All other teams trailing them checked-in during the penalty time, dropping Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang to last place and resulting in their elimination.
- a b Christine & Steven and Janelle & Karin initially arrived 3rd and 5th, respectively, but both teams did not pay their taxi driver. They were instructed to return and pay their driver before being allowed to check-in. While Christine & Steven placement were not affected, Janelle & Karin placement were dropped to 6th.
- ^ Liu Weiwei & Lei Sheng used their Express Pass to bypass the Detour in Leg 7.
- ^ Khai Shing & Khai Sheng initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 1-hour penalty for taking a taxi directly to Fisherman's Wharf, instead of a ferry, as specified in the clue. All other teams trailing them checked-in during their penalty time, dropping Khai Shing & Khai Sheng to last place and resulting in their elimination.
- ^ Lei Sheng chose to forfeit the Roadblock at Leg 11 and he & Liu Weiwei were issued a 2-hour penalty at the Roadblock site.
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – The Express Pass, and two round-trip tickets to Bali, Indonesia.
- Leg 2 – Two round-trip tickets to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Leg 3 – Two round-trip tickets to Seoul, South Korea.
- Leg 4 – Two round-trip tickets to Boracay, Philippines.
- Leg 5 – Two round-trip tickets to Phuket, Thailand.
- Leg 6 – Two round-trip tickets to Brunei and a two-night stay at the Dalian Hilton Hotel.
- Leg 7 – Two round-trip tickets to Mauritius and a two-night stay at the Beijing Hilton Hotel.
- Leg 8 – Two round-trip tickets to Uluru, Australia and a two-night stay at the Guangzhou, Baiyun Hilton Hotel
- Leg 9 – A 6-day cruise on Costa Cruises Victoria cruiseliner departing from Shanghai to the Jiju Island, South Korea, then to Fukuoka, Japan and a two-night stay at the Nanjing Hilton Hotel.
- Leg 10 – Two round-trip tickets to Phuket, Thailand and a two-night stay at the Chongqing Hilton Hotel.
- Leg 11 – Two round-trip tickets to Guam, and a two-night stay at the Osaka, Japan Hilton Hotel.
- Leg 12 – A trip around the world.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers|| Detour Roadblock Fast Forward Yield
Intersection U-Turn Speed Bump Pit Stop
Leg 1 (Shanghai → Shanxi)
Airdates: August 26, 2012 (ICS); September 1, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Shanghai, China (The Bund) (Starting Line and Elimination Point)
- Shanghai to Yangcheng, Shanxi.
- Yangcheng (Huangcheng — House of the Chancellor)
- Yangcheng (Shangzhuang Village)
- Yangcheng (Manghe Scenic Area)
- Yangcheng (Drinking Horse Spring)
In the race's first Roadblock, one team member had to assemble a bamboo swing using the tools provided. Once the swing was correctly installed, they would receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Starting Line, teams were required to search through hundreds of flags and find the flag with the ancient hanzi meaning "One". The first five teams to complete the task were given tickets to the first of two buses which would take them Yangcheng, known to the home of the hanzi dictionary. The next five teams were given tickets to the second bus which would depart 45 minutes later. The last team without the correct flag would not be given tickets to Yangcheng and was eliminated.
- Once teams had arrived at Yangcheng, near the entrance of Huangcheng, the House of the Chancellor, they were required to search the area for their first clue. They then had to make their way to the rooftop of the House of the Chancellor. By following the path indicated by the chancellors maidens and their lanterns, teams encountered an incomplete dragon; they were then required to search the grounds for the missing piece and bring it back to the incomplete dragon. After placing the missing piece in the proper place they were rewarded with their next clue.
- At Shangzhuang Village, teams had to take part in a Han Boat folk dance whilst wearing the traditional costumes, which included a decorated boat. They then had to make their way along the riverbed to find the village magistrate to receive their next clue.
Leg 2 (Shanxi → Heilongjiang)
Airdates: September 2, 2012 (ICS); September 8, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Yangcheng to Suifenhe, Heilongjiang
- Suifenhe (Suifenhe Railway Station)
- Suifenhe (Sino-Russian Culture and Arts Exhibition Hall)
- Suifenhe (Beihai Park)
- Suifenhe (Zhuangsen Village)
- Suifenhe (Central Square)
- Suifenhe (Unit 605 Barracks)
- Suifenhe (Suifenhe National Gate)
For the Speed Bump, Henry & Jennifer had to break through a block of ice containing their clue using the ice picks provided, to continue racing.
In the first Detour of the race, teams had to choose between Log It or Slog It. In Log It, teams had to make their way by taxi to the Zhuangsen Village forest and find the general farm. They then had to chop enough wood to build a 15 level pile of wood to receive their next clue. In Slog It, teams had to search the forest for a 'Singing Tree' playing a popular song using just a parabolic microphone. Once teams had found the correct tree, using a shovel they then had to dig up their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to dress in a military uniform, and were required to make the bed provided, then fold their blanket in a military fashion to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Once teams had arrived at the Railway station, they had to search for a local Russian woman, selling traditional oil paintings. Written on the back of the paintings was their next clue.
- Once teams had arrived at the Sino-Russian Culture and Arts Exhibition Hall they had to choose one of the ten provided matryoshka dolls. They then had to search the rooms, to find a set of dolls missing their exact doll. Once found they then had to present their set to the curator to receive their next clue.
Leg 3 (Heilongjiang → Jilin)
Airdates: September 9, 2012 (ICS); September 15, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Suifenhe to Yanji, Jilin
- Yanji (Henan Bridge)
- Yanji (Gongyuan Primary School)
- Yanji (Korean Folk Culture Village)
- Yanji (Jindalai Square)
- Yanji (Jindalai Cold Noodle Restaurant)
- Yanji (Yanji International Exhibition Art Centre)
For this leg's Fast Forward, teams had to travel to the Tungseng Biotechnology Company and find the ginseng drying warehouse. They were then required to search through millions of ginseng pieces to find one unique irregular piece. The first team to find said piece would win their Fast Forward clue.
Other teams will have to complete the leg's Detour, a choice between Pot Luck or Pot Belly. In Pot Belly teams were required to find a marked cabin in the Korean Folk Culture Village and each consume 1.2 kg of hot Kimchi; if teams failed to consume the Kimchi they would incur a 20-minute time penalty. In Pot Luck teams had to locate the courtyard and find the marked pots. Once found both team members were required to each transport a pot in a traditional Korean fashion on top of their head around the courtyard and back again, without dropping or breaking the pot to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arriving in Yanji, they had to take a taxi to Henan Bridge to find their next clue. Written on their clue in Korean writing was the name of the school by the name of Gongyuan Primary School, and the name of a student. Teams were then required to locate the school, and once found they were required to search the classrooms for the specified student by looking at the students IDs. Once located the student led the team to an area in which they were required to dress up in traditional Korean outfits. Teams were then tasked with performing several Korean mannerisms correctly to receive their next clue. If teams performed them incorrectly they would incur a 10-minute time penalty.
- At Jindalai Square, teams had to participate in a Korean tradition named 'Extreme Swinging'. In which one team member had to stand on the swing, whilst the other pushes. Teams were then required to swing high enough to ring a bell 3 metres in the air to receive their next clue. If they were unsuccessful after 3 attempts they would incur a 10-minute time penalty before being allowed to attempt the task again.
Leg 4 (Jilin → Zhejiang)
Airdates: September 16, 2012 (ICS); September 22, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Yanji to Shanghai (Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport)
- Pinghu, Zhejiang (Water Pavilion - Beiyuan Muchang Park)
- Pinghu (Pinghu High School)
- Pinghu (Maji Village)
- Pinghu (Mo Family Mansions)
- Pinghu (Pinghu Folk Culture Museum or Meiyantang Restaurant)
- Pinghu (Shutong Elementary School)
- Pinghu (Nine Peaks Pagoda)
This leg's Detour was a choice between Showdown or Chow Down, in Showdown teams had to travel by taxi to Pinghu Folk Culture Museum and were required to play a game of Watermelon chess. After selecting an opponent and learning the rules of the game, teams then had to defeat their opponent to receive their next clue. In Chow Down, teams had to make their way by taxi to the Meiyantang Restaurant and had to create a local delicacy called a pinghu fermented egg. To do this, teams had to crack the shells of five duck eggs correctly, and once the chef approved of their efforts, teams then were required to eat one pinghu fermented egg each to receive their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to find the marked classroom and learn a famous Pipa song; they then had to make their way to the judge and perform the song on the Pipa correctly to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Once teams had arrived in Shanghai, they were required to make their own way to Pinghu, Zhejiang. Teams elected to either take a taxi or a train. When they arrived in Pinghu teams then had to make their way by bus to the Water Pavilion at Beiyuan Muchang park where they were met with an hours of operation notice and a number board. Teams then had to pick a number which in turn represented what order they would be allowed into the park in. Once inside the park teams had to locate their next clue.
- At Pinghu High School, the intersected teams were required to find the Basketball courts and then work together in a high pressure game horse, in which all 4 team members were required to take shots and score a basket from the 3 designated markers on the court. Once complete, one team member was then required to take a shot from the 4th marker designated the 3 point area and score a basket. If the intersected teams failed to complete the task in under 6 minutes, they were faced with a 10-minute time penalty before being allowed to attempt the task again. After completing the task, teams were no longer Intersected.
- After the intersection, teams were required to travel by taxi to Maji Village, and make their way to the farm. Once there they were required to construct a scarecrow using the tools provided. Teams then had to stuff the scarecrow with hay, and place on a bamboo pole. They then had to transport the scarecrow to the field and place the scarecrow on the marked area to the satisfaction of the farmer to receive their next clue.
Leg 5 (Zhejiang)
Airdates: September 23, 2012 (ICS); September 29, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Xinshi Ancient Town, Deqing County (Xinshi Market)
- Moganshan (Le Passage Mohkan Shan)
- Moganshan (Yaowu Reservoir)
- Moganshan (Jiangshi Scenic Area)
- Moganshan (Yin Shan Street Market)
For their Speed Bump, Henry & Jennifer had to search the area to find the local antiques shop. There, teams were both required to eat 1.5 kg of warm river snails to receive their next clue and continue racing.
This leg's Detour was a choice between Head Up or Head Down. In Head Up, teams had to make their way by foot to the Bamboo forest and look for one of eight clues hidden high above them on selected trees. Teams were then required to use whatever means necessary to retrieve their next clue, such as using any objects around them, and axes or whatever was in the area to assist them with the task. In Head Down, teams had to make their way by foot to the Bamboo forest at a steep area and transport 12 bamboo poles along the marked path to receive their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member was required to wear a wet suit and scuba gear and make their way into the water with their instructor and were required to learn a set of safety instructions taught to them by their instructor. Afterwards, they had to swim to the center of the reservoir and dive for a sword stuck in the mud at the bottom of the reservoir, which had their clue attached to it and bring it back with them to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arriving in the Xinshi Ancient Town, teams were required to select a sheep and a boat and transport the sheep along the river to the farmer on the other side to receive their next clue. Should the sheep leave the boat along the way, teams would have to restart the task with a new sheep.
- After completing the Roadblock task, teams were then required to transport the sword from the Roadblock task with them and travel by taxi to the Jiangshi Scenic Area and find the 'Sword Stone Pond'. Once teams had located the pond by the waterfall they were then required to use one of the Grindstones provided to clean the rusty sword found at the Yaowu Reservoir to reveal the words on the side. Once teams had completed the task and were judged to have correctly cleaned the sword, they received their next clue.
Leg 6 (Zhejiang → Anhui)
Airdates: September 30, 2012 (ICS); October 6, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Moganshan, Zhejiang to Huangshan, Anhui
- Huangshan City (Huangshan Scenic Area - South Gate)
- Huangshan City (Chengkan Village)
- Huangshan City (Five Bridges Entrance)
- Huangshan City (Luo Family Temple)
- Huangshan City (Xiajian Pagoda)
- Huangshan City (Tunxi Old Street or Tunxi Hot Dishes Restaurant)
- Huangshan Mountain (Jiulong Waterfall)
- Huangshan City (Pedestrian Rope Bridge)
- Huangshan City (Ancient Stone Mural)
In this leg's Speed Bump Zhang Yelin & Li Yang were required to transport 10 kg of Hay and Grass to the opposite side of the village to the farmer using the traditional baskets provided. Once they transport another Hay and Grass, they could continue racing.
In the Detour teams had to choose between Food Stall or Performance Hall. In Food Stall teams had to make their way by taxi, and by foot to the east side of the Tunxi Old Street and had to locate the Tofu vendor. Once found they then had to learn how to prepare a local dish called Hairy Tofu, and were then required to select a marked stall and sell 100 yuan worth of Tofu. Once teams had sold the required amount of Tofu, they then had to donate the money back to the Tofu Vendor in order to receive their next clue. In Performance Hall teams had to travel by taxi to the Tunxi Hot Dishes Restaurant and were required to change into traditional outfits and watch and learn 4 minutes of traditional Kunqu Opera moves, before having to perform these moves in front of the director. If teams performed them correctly they received their next clue.
In this Roadblock, both team members had to make their way up the mountain path to the marked area. One team member had to make their way up a steep path to the top of the waterfall and was required to repel 120m down the waterfall into the water and swim to safety to receive their next clue.
- Additional task
- Upon arriving in Chengkan Village, teams had to locate the Luo Family Temple. And once found they were then required to count the number of characters on the walls of the hallway displaying the family code. Once teams had the correct number, they then received their next clue.
Leg 7 (Anhui → Jiangsu)
Airdates: October 7, 2012 (ICS); October 13, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Huangshan to Nanjing, Jiangsu
- Nanjing (Hilton Nanjing Riverside)
- Nanjing (China Railway Baoji Bridge Group)
- Nanjing (Zifeng Tower - 72nd Floor)
- Nanjing (Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics)
- Nanjing (Nanjing Olympic Sports Stadium)
In this Roadblock, one team member had to ascend to the 13th floor of the Hilton hotel and put on a chef's outfit. Then they had to properly prepare a signature dish, using only a finished example as a reference. Once the dish was prepared to the head chef's satisfaction, they would be given their next clue.
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Screw This and Scrap That. Both tasks had teams entering a warehouse of the railway factory and putting on safety gear. In Screw This, teams had to use screws to properly secure 87 sections of a high-speed railway track. In Scrap That, teams had to load scrap metal into bins and transport them across the large warehouse to a dumping site. After making six trips each, teams would receive their next clue.
- Additional task
- At the University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, both team members would be strapped into a gravitational rotation device, which would spin them around a full 360 degrees. While spinning, they would be shown 10 images of different aircraft, and would then have to pick out these 10 crafts from a board containing 20 images.
Leg 8 (Jiangsu → Taiwan)
Airdates: October 14, 2012 (ICS); October 20, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Shanghai (Shanghai Pudong International Airport) to Taipei, Taiwan (Taoyuan International Airport)
- Keelung (Badu Train Station) to Pingsi (Shifen Train Station)
- Pingsi (Three Sisters Lantern Shop or Jingan Suspension Bridge)
- Pingsi (Shifen Train Station) to Keelung (Badu Train Station)
- New Taipei (Feicui Bay)
- New Taipei (Yehliu Geopark)
- New Taipei (Bali Ferry Docks to Danshui Fisherman's Wharf)
- New Taipei (Love Boat Plaza)
In this leg's Detour teams had to choose between Take Flight or Hang Tight. In Take Flight teams were required to follow the train tracks to the Three Sisters Sky Lantern Shop. After observing how to create a Sky Lantern, teams were tasked with creating a Sky Lantern out of rice paper using the materials provided. Once teams had created the lantern they then had to light the candle at the base and take their Sky Lantern outside to fly. Once the lantern has taken flight, they would be given their next clue. In any point teams had incorrectly assemble the lantern, teams had to create a new lantern from scratch. In Hang Tight teams were required to make their way to Jingan Suspension Bridge and hang 150 Bamboo Chimes from the bridge, and with the final chime they had to write their own wish to receive their next clue. If any of the chimes drop into the water, teams would serve a 20-minute time penalty before they could continue.
In this Roadblock, one team member was required to wait at the designated area marked with an X, whilst the other team member traveled by taxi to the Paragliding point and were required to paraglide to their teammate below to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arriving in Taipei, teams had to stay overnight before heading to Badu Train Station, once they arrived they were then required to purchase tickets to the Shifen Train Station, teams also were given a China Rush Stamp and their next clue. At the Detour, after teams completed their selected task, the judge used their stamp to stamp the Detour clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams received a cryptic clue with an image of a unique rock formation, they then had figure out that they had to travel to the Yehliu Geopark, once there they then had to make their way to the observation point to receive their next clue.
- Teams had to make their way to the Bali Ferry Docks and travel by ferry to the Danshui Fisherman's Wharf, once there they then had to locate their next clue by the rocks.
Leg 9 (Taiwan → Guizhou)
Airdates: October 21, 2012 (ICS); October 27, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Taipei (Taoyuan International Airport) to Guiyang, Guizhou (Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport)
- Guiyang to Leishan County, Qiandongnan Prefecture
- Leishan County (Wooden Drum Square)
- Leishan County (Langde Village)
- Xijiang Miao Village (Viewing Platform)
- Xijiang Miao Village (Performance Stage)
- Xijiang Miao Village (Village Elder's House)
- Leishan County (Xijiang Bronze Drum Square)
In the Detour, teams had to choose between Stack It and Catch It. In Stack It, teams had to build hay into a haystack by following the methods of Miao farmers. Once the properly-made stack reached a certain height, teams would receive their next clue. In Catch It, teams had to participate in a Miao wedding tradition by catching 10 live ducks with their bare hands. Once they had successfully caught 10 ducks and put them into a container, they would get their next clue.
For this Roadblock, one team member had to engage in yet another Miao wedding tradition. They had to complete a puzzle containing a picture of a Miao bride. They then had to find the woman depicted in the image and collect pieces of her wedding outfit from a large selection of clothes. Once the bride had dressed in the proper dress, teams would get their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- In Langde Village, teams had to find the village's square and ask a local stunt performer to retrieve their next clue from the top of a ladder made of knives.
- Upon arrival at the viewing platform, teams had to search for a house with an incomplete roof. There, they would participate in another Miao wedding tradition. One team member would have to load 300 shingles into a pulley and lift them up to their partner on the roof, who had to completely tile a section of the roof.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to lead their brides through the village to the elder's house, where they would receive a bronze drum with their clue written on the bottom, as well as a Hilton teddy bear, both of which had to be delivered to the Pit Stop.
Leg 10 (Guizhou → Yunnan)
Airdates: October 28, 2012 (ICS); November 3, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Leishan County to Dali, Yunnan
- Dali (Erhai Gate)
- Dali (Hengfeng Dairy Farm)
- Dali (Tian Long Ba Bu Cinematic City)
- Dali (Bu'er Fa Gate)
- Dali (Three Pagodas Plaza)
For this leg's Speed Bump, Janelle & Karin had to drink two pitchers of Cow Milk to receive their next clue and be allowed to continue racing.
The Detour was a choice between Bride or Ride. In Bride teams had to enter the city and locate several pairs of actors. With only 1 wearing the complete costume, teams then had to search the studio grounds for the actresses 5 missing bridal costume pieces, and once found had to bring them back to the required area. They then were required to dress the actress to the satisfaction of the actor to receive their next clue. In Ride teams had to make their way to the West Gate of the Cinema City and locate a wanted poster of a picture of a fugitive and a list of his crimes. Teams then were required to memorise the lines and then assume the roles of the Jailer and the Prisoner and dress in costume. The Jailer then had to transport the prisoner in a paddy wagon to the gate of the palace and once they arrived had to recite their lines to the court official correctly to receive their next clue. If teams performed their lines incorrectly, they were required to head back to the wanted poster and restart the task.
In the Roadblock, one team member was required to select one seven-piece marble geometric puzzle and create a square to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Once teams arrived in Dali, they had to head to the Erhai Gate and locate the food stall selling a local speciality called Rushan, once located, each team member had to consume one stick of Rushan to receive their next clue.
- Teams then were required to make their way to the Hengfeng Dairy Farm and were required to transport 6 baskets of carrots to the feeding troughs of the cows, and empty them inside. Teams then had to head to the cow pit and each fill 2 buckets of cow patties and transport them to the compost area to receive their next clue.
Leg 11 (Yunnan)
Airdates: November 4, 2012 (ICS); November 10, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Dali (Butterfly Spring)
- Shuanglangzhen (Dongshan rock field)
- Xizhouzhen (Xizhou Memorial Arch)
- Xizhouzhen (Linden Center or Sha Fishing Performance Area)
- Xizhouzhen (Xizhou Performance Stage)
- Shuanglangzhen (Nanzhao Scenic Island Dock)
- Shuanglangzhen (Nanzhao Scenic Island Dock to Nanzhao Island)
- Shuanglangzhen (Nanzhao Island - Benzhu Plaza)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to rock climb up a steep cliff face to reach a basket of medicine at the top, recalling the time-honored tradition of climbing cliffs to retrieve medicinal herbs. When they had transported the medicine, they could receive their next clue.
In the Detour, teams had to choose between Teas and Seas. In Teas, teams entered the village and had to watch a tea-making ceremony at the Linden Center, after which they would taste three different teas. They then had to enter a different room and pick out these three teas from a selection of cups using only their senses of taste and smell. In Seas, teams traveled to the shores of Erhai Lake, where they would have to use a rowboat to deliver a cormorant to a fishing boat on the lake. They would exchange the bird for a basket of fish, which they could return to shore and exchange for their next clue.
- Additional task
- At the start of the leg, teams received only two dried butterflies in their clue and had to figure out that they had to find Dali's Butterfly Spring. There, teams had to use a butterfly net to catch five each of the three butterflies listed at the front door of the butterfly garden. They then had to deliver them to two people dressed as the stars of the movie to exchange them for their next clue.
Leg 12 (Yunnan → Sichuan)
Airdates: November 11, 2012 (ICS); November 17, 2012 (DragonTV)
- Dali to Kunming
- Kunming (Kunming Wujiaba International Airport) to Chengdu, Sichuan (Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport)
- Chengdu (Huanglongxi Historic Town)
- Chengdu (East Chengdu Music Park)
- Chengdu (Chengdu Research Base)
- Chengdu (Wuhouci Temple)
- Chengdu (Jinsha Relics Museum)
In this leg's Roadblock one team member had to make their way through the Huanglonxi Historic Town to the Lonpan Square, and were then required to locate their team of dragon dancers who each had an image of a previously eliminated team on their arm. They then were required to dress in a traditional dragon dancer costume and arrange their dancers in the order of elimination at which city of the previous teams:
|1||Shanghai||Rob & Jia Jia|
|2||Suifenhe||Nick & Brandon|
|3||Yanbian||Yu Ping & Yu Chenjing|
|4||Huangshan||Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang|
|5||Nanjing||Henry & Jennifer|
|6||Xinbei||Khai Shing & Khai Sheng|
|7||Dali||Janelle & Karin|
|8||Zhang Yelin & Li Yang|
Once completed, teams will then learn a complex drum routine for a dragon dance performance, with the participating team member taking the role of the Dragons Tail. Once the team member performed the routine correctly, they received their next clue.
In the Final Roadblock of the race, the team member who did not perform the first Roadblock had to tackle the Hua Rong Path, to do this, they had to re-arrange several large blocks on a grid to guide the Cao Cao block to the end of the path to receive their final clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arriving in Chengdu teams had to make their way to the Huanglongxi Historic Town and locate their clue at the Old Gate Entrance.
- Once teams arrived at the East Chengdu Music Park, one team member was required to wear safety gear and was briefed by their instructor, before being tasked with making their way up a 60m Chimney stack using a pulley system to receive their next clue. The other team member was tasked with providing support with the rope.
- Once teams arrived at the Chengdu Research Base, they were required to search the area for Mei Lan's Panda Pen to find their next clue.
- Upon arriving at the Wuhouci Temple teams were required to search the area for the temple honouring Zhuge Liang, the Martial Marquis of Shu-Han.
- The final Roadblock location required teams to search the grounds of the Wuhouci Temple for the Jianxin Pavilion.