Sleeve design for album Whizz Kid
|Genres||Electronic, synthpop, electro house, alternative dance, garage house|
The Amplifetes is a 4-piece band from Sweden. Influences range along a broad spectrum, including 60s psychedelia, the Electric Light Orchestra, The Ramones, Elvis Costello, David Bowie, and Chicago Trax Records. The individual members have had success as songwriters and producers, working with artists such as Kelis, Britney Spears, Madonna, Kylie Minogue, and Grandmaster Flash.
The band has been active since 2008. In 2010, they released their eponymous debut album. Four singles were taken from this album: It's My Life, Whizz Kid, Somebody New, and Blinded By The Moonlight. Following this, the band toured extensively over Europe for two years.
Early summer 2012 saw the first sign of post-debut activity, as their new song Where Is The Light was launched, together with an accompanying internet video game. The full follow-up album Where Is The Light was released in early 2013, with cover artwork supplied by Storm Thorgersen and the additional singlesYou/Me/Evolution and You Want It.
The Amplifetes and their music have appeared in Vogue Italia, Gaffa magazine, Virgin Radio live, Empreintes-digitales, It´s Pop,Kulturnews, Zeromagazine, and Fred Perry Subculture.
The Amplifetes music have been used in various soundtrack areas. The appearance of It´s My Life in an advertisement for the Roberto Cavalli credit card starring Milla Jovovich and "Somebody New" in a Garnier Fructis promotion and the TV-series 90210 are some examples.
|2013||Where Is the Light||
|2008||It's my life||
|2011||Blinded by the moonlight|
|2012||Where is the light||
Where is the Light
|2013||You Want It|
The Amplifetes remixed:
- You/Me/Evolution - Michael Cassette Remix
- Where Is The Light - Samuel Onervas Remix
- Where Is The Light - MTheM Remix
- It's my life - Van Rivers and The Subliminal Kid Remix
- It's my life - General MIDI Remix
- It's my life - Dan F Remix
- Whizz Kid - Blende Remix
- Whizz Kid - The Subliminal Kid Remix
- Somebody new - Claes Rosén Remix
- Somebody new - POLP Remix
- Somebody new - Chopstick Dub Remix
- Somebody new - Adrian Bood Remix
- Blinded by the moonlight - Little Majorette Remix
- Blinded by the moonlight - FUKKK OFFF Remix
Remixed by The Amplifetes:
- Where Is The Light video game
- It's my life - Directed by Tommy Spaanheden
- Whizz Kid - Directed by Anders Hellman
- Somebody New - Directed by Anders Hellman and Emma Hanquist
- Blinded by the moonlight - Directed by Mattias Johansson
- Blinded by the moonlight (Fukkk Offf Remix Edit) - Directed by Mattias Johansson & Erik Ande
- The Amplifetes EPK on Vimeo
- Where Is The Light Trailer
- You/Me/Evolution - Directed By Mikel Cee Karlsson
- You Want It - Directed By Mikel Cee Karlsson
- "Tour Dates". Archived from the original on 5 August 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "The Amplifetes: Interview". SynthpopIndieRock.com. Archived from the original on 2014-05-15. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- Tempia, Simone (July 2011), "Young and Fresh", Vogue Italia
- Av Johan Lothsson. "The Amplifetes – tog (om)vägen via nätet - artikel". Gaffa.Se. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "The Amplifetes interviews/live appearances at Virgin Radio".
- "The Amplifetes : Interview". Empreintes-digitales.fr. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "[INTERVIEW] The Amplifetes: the fantastic four".
- "The Amplifetes".
- "The Amplifetes". Archived from the original on 2011-09-29.
- "The Best New Music / Fred Perry Subculture / The Amplifetes / Svenska". Fredperrysubculture.com. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "Everything Milla Needs - Roberto Cavalli card". Archived from the original on 26 March 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Evolution Of Style". YouTube. 2011-04-22. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "Archive » The Amplifetes – Blinded by the moonlight". mattias erik johansson. 2010-12-30. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Erik, Mattias. "The Amplifetes-Blinded by the moonlight (Fukkk Offf Remix) on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "The Amplifetes EPK on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. Retrieved 2011-06-22.