|Organization||Animals and Society Institute|
|Known for||Animal rights advocacy|
Kim W. Stallwood (born 1955) is a British animal rights advocate, author, independent scholar, and consultant. He is European director of the Animals and Society Institute, an animal rights think tank. He was executive editor of The Animals' Agenda, an animal rights magazine (1993–2002), and is the editor of Speaking Out for Animals (2001) and A Primer on Animal Rights (2002). Stallwood blogs under the name Grumpy Vegan.
Stallwood is a former national director of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (1987–1992), campaigns officer for the British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection (1981–1985), and national organizer for Compassion in World Farming (1976–1978), for which he remains a consultant.
- Stallwood, Kim (2014-05-14). Growl: Life Lessons, Hard Truths, and Bold Strategies from an Animal Advocate. Lantern Books. ISBN 9781590563977.
I was born in 1955, in Camberley, a small town in the county of Surrey, about thirty miles southwest of London, England.
- "Animal-rights activist addresses beach group", The Virginia-Pilot, October 29, 1995.
- John Sorenson (ed.). "Contributor biographies". Critical Animal Studies: Thinking the Unthinkable. Toronto: Canadian Scholars' Press Inc. pp. 333–7.
- Kim Stallwood, kinstallwood.com, accessed July 1, 2010.
- Stallwood, Kim. "Biography". Grumpy Vegan. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- Stallwood, Kim (2014-11-11). "Kim Stallwood, Growl: Life Lessons, Hard Truths, and Bold Strategies from an Animal Advocate". Responsible Eating and Living (Interview). Interviewed by Caryn Hartglass. Forest Hills, New York. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
Camberley is the name of the town where I was born and raised.
- "About the authors," Terrorists or Freedom Fighters?, Lantern, 2004, pp. 389–390.
- Phelps, Norm (2015). "Review: Growl: Life Lessons, Hard Truths, and Bold Strategies from an Animal Advocate by Kim Stallwood" (PDF). Journal for Critical Animal Studies. 13 (1): 151–61.
- Lymbery, Philip (2015). "Book Review: Growl by Kim Stallwood". Compassion in World Farming. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- Smith, Linell (29 July 2001). "An Advocate For All Creatures". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- Stallwood, Kim (2014). Growl. New York: Lantern Books.
- Stallwood, Kim (December 2001 – January 2002). "Moving the Animal Rights Movement: The Satya Interview with Kim Stallwood". Satya (Interview). Interviewed by Patrick Kwan. Retrieved 2019-06-26.