The Animals is the self-titled American debut album from British invasion group, The Animals. Released in late summer 1964, the album introduced the States to the "drawling, dirty R&B sound (with the emphasis on the B)" that typified the group. The album featured many R&B standards, written by the likes of Chuck Berry, Fats Domino and John Lee Hooker, as well as the classic #1 hit single "House of the Rising Sun", here presented in its truncated-for-radio form (it would be restored to full length on the February 1966 compilation The Best of The Animals).
The British album The Animals was released a month later, the group's debut album there albeit with substantially differing contents.
- Side one
- "The House of the Rising Sun" (Traditional, arranged Alan Price) (Edited single version) – 2:59
- "The Girl Can't Help It" (Bobby Troup) - 2:20
- "Blue Feeling" (Jimmy Henshaw) - 2:28
- "Baby Let Me Take You Home" (Wes Farrell, Bert Russell) - 2:18
- "The Right Time" (Lew Herman) - 3:42
- "Talkin' 'Bout You" (Ray Charles) (Edited short version) - 1:55
- Side two
- "Around and Around" (Chuck Berry) - 2:44
- "I'm in Love Again" (Dave Bartholomew, Fats Domino) - 2:59
- "Gonna Send You Back to Walker" (Johnnie Mae Matthews) - 2:22
- "Memphis, Tennessee" (Chuck Berry) - 3:04
- "I'm Mad Again" (John Lee Hooker) - 4:15
- "I've Been Around" (Fats Domino) - 1:35