The Answer Man (film)
|The Answer Man|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||John Hindman|
|Produced by||Kevin Messic
|Written by||John Hindman|
|Music by||Teddy Castellucci|
|Edited by||Gerald B. Greenberg|
|Distributed by||Magnolia Pictures|
The Answer Man (previously titled The Dream of the Romans and Arlen Faber) is a 2009 romantic comedy film written and directed by John Hindman with a cast headed by Jeff Daniels, Lauren Graham and Lou Taylor Pucci. Filming began on March 23, 2008 in Philadelphia and ended in June 2008. The film premiered at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.
Everyone wants to meet Arlen Faber (Jeff Daniels), the world famous author of the best-selling spiritual book Me and God, but crotchety, disgruntled Arlen simply wants to be left alone, and so far he's been successful at keeping his identity a secret. But all that changes when troubled bookstore owner Kris Lucas (Lou Taylor Pucci) discovers his home address and barters books for Arlen's words of wisdom, and a back injury leads the reclusive writer to date chiropractor and overprotective single mother Elizabeth (Lauren Graham). As Arlen's relationships with his newfound friends grow, he must come to terms with his past and the realization that he doesn't hold all the answers.
|This section requires expansion. (November 2013)|
- Jeff Daniels as Arlen Faber
- Lauren Graham as Elizabeth
- Lou Taylor Pucci as Kris Lucas
- Thomas Roy as Riley Lucas
- Olivia Thirlby as Anne
- Kat Dennings as Dahlia
- Nora Dunn as Terry Fraser
- Max Antisell as Alex
- Tony Hale as Mailman
- Annie Corley as Mrs. Gold
- Peter Patrikios as Ross
- Richard Barlow as Paul
- Richard Lyntton as Journalist
- Michael Fleming (March 23, 2008). "'Romans' set to invade Philadelphia". Variety (Reed Business Information). Archived from the original on November 10, 2009. Retrieved May 14, 2008.
- McCarthy, Todd (December 3, 2008). "Sundance unveils competition lineup". Variety (Reed Business Information). Archived from the original on November 10, 2009. Retrieved November 10, 2009.
- Di Fonzo, Carla (April 15, 2008). "'Dream' puts local actor on the big screen". Intelligencer Journal. Retrieved April 15, 2008.
- "The Answer Man (2009)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved November 10, 2009.