Stewart in June 2011
|Born||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Batman and Robin
The Other Side
Stewart is best known for his work on Catwoman with writer Ed Brubaker, numerous collaborations with writer Grant Morrison, including Batman and Robin, Seaguy, and Seven Soldiers: The Manhattan Guardian, and The Other Side, a miniseries about the Vietnam war (written by Jason Aaron), for which he travelled to Vietnam for research. The Other Side was nominated for an Eisner Award in the Best Limited Series category of 2007.
He illustrated issues 7-9 of Batman and Robin, a storyline entitled "Blackest Knight", written by Grant Morrison. He returned to Batman and Robin with issue #16, drawing the first half of Morrison's final issue.
In September 2009 he won the 2009 "Outstanding WebComic Creator/Creative Team" Shuster Award for Sin Titulo, a serialized long-form webcomic he writes and draws. Sin Titulo is a neo-noir mystery thriller with elements of autobiography. In July 2010 he won the 2010 "Best Digital Comic" Eisner Award for Sin Titulo.
Along with Kagan McLeod, Ben Shannon, Steven Murray, and Chip Zdarsky, he is a co-founder of the studio The Royal Academy of Illustration and Design. He is also a co-founder of the Transmission-X webcomics collective.
Stewart created drawings which appeared in a comic book-style animation sequence at the end of the music video for Canadian pop singer Skye Sweetnam's song "Human", the first single from her second album Sound Soldier.
In 2014, Stewart was announced as the new writer for DC's Batgirl after fan favorite Gail Simone departs the title in October 2014. He will be joined by co-writer Brenden Fletcher, artist Babs Tarr, and colorist Jordie Bellaire.
Interior comic work includes:
- Superman Adventures (DC Comics):
- The Invisibles v3 #2: "The Moment of the Blitz" (with Grant Morrison, among other artists, Vertigo, 2000)
- The Dreaming #51: "Second Sight" (inks on Christian Højgaard, written by Caitlin R. Kiernan, Vertigo, 2000)
- Flinch #15: "A Night to Forget" (inks on Pander Brothers, written by Paul Jenkins, anthology, Vertigo, 2000)
- Deadenders #9-16 (inks on Warren Pleece, written by Ed Brubaker, Vertigo, 2000–2001)
- Detective Comics #759: "Trail of the Catwoman, Part One" (inks on Darwyn Cooke, written by Ed Brubaker, co-feature, DC Comics, 2001)
- Joker's Last Laugh Secret Files: "A Clown at Midnight" (inks on Pete Woods, written by Chuck Dixon and Scott Beatty, DC Comics, 2001)
- The Crusades #5 (with Jason Moore — inks on Kelley Jones, written by Steven T. Seagle, Vertigo, 2001)
- Swamp Thing #17, 19-20 (inks on Giuseppe Camuncoli, written by Brian K. Vaughan, Vertigo, 2001)
- Hellblazer #168-169 (inks on Giuseppe Camuncoli, written by Brian Azzarello, Vertigo, 2002)
- Batgirl: Secret Files & Origins: "Batgirl vs. Batgirl" (inks on Giuseppe Camuncoli, written by Scott Peterson, DC Comics, 2002)
- Catwoman v3 (with Ed Brubaker, DC Comics):
- "Trickle Down Theory" (inks on Brad Rader, in #5, 2002)
- "Disguises" (with Rick Burchett — inks on Brad Rader, in #6-7, 2002)
- "Slam Bradley: The McSweeney Case" (in Secret Files & Origins, 2002)
- "Relentless" (in #12-16, 2002–2003)
- "Wild Ride 1-3" (in #20-22, with Nick Derrington (#22), 2003)
- "Wild Ride 4-5" (inks on Guy Davis, in #23-24, 2003)
- Scooby-Doo #20: "Witch Pitch" (with John Rozum, co-feature, Gotham, 2003)
- Tales of the Vampires #1: "Stacy" (with Joss Whedon, anthology, Dark Horse, 2003)
- B.P.R.D.: Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (with Mike Mignola, Dark Horse):
- Seaguy (with Grant Morrison, Vertigo):
- Seaguy #1-3 (2004)
- Seaguy: The Slaves of Mickey Eye #1-3 (2009)
- Seaguy: Eternal #1-3 (201?)
- Human Target #17: "You Made Me Love You" (with Peter Milligan, Vertigo, 2005)
- Seven Soldiers: Manhattan Guardian #1-4 (with Grant Morrison, DC Comics, 2005)
- Tomorrow Stories Special: "Jonni Future" (with Steve Moore, anthology one-shot, America's Best Comics, 2005)
- The Other Side #1-4 (with Jason Aaron, Vertigo, 2006–2007)
- Sin Título (script and art, self-published webcomic, 2007–2012)
- Pushing Daisies #0: "You've Been Outbid" (with Bryan Fuller, Wildstorm, 2007)
- The Vinyl Underground #1-6 (inks on Simon Gane, written by Si Spencer, Vertigo, 2007–2008)
- The Apocalipstix (with Ray Fawkes, graphic novel, Oni Press, 2008)
- Batman & Robin (with Grant Morrison, DC Comics):
- Prince of Persia: Before the Sandstorm (with Jordan Mechner and various artists, graphic novel, Disney Press, 2010)
- Suicide Girls #1-4 (inks on David Hahn, written by Steve Niles, Brea and Zane Austin Grant, IDW Publishing, 2011)
- Assassin's Creed (script and art, with Karl Kerschl):
- Jim Henson's Tale of Sand (among other artists — inks on Ramón K. Pérez, graphic novel, Archaia, 2011)
- Batman: Leviathan Strikes!: "Chapter One" (with Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham, one-shot, DC Comics, 2012)
- Thought Bubble Anthology #3: "One Night in Comicopolis" (script and art, with Brandon Graham, Image, 2013)
- Amazing X-Men #6: "All in the Family" (with Jason Aaron, Marvel, 2014)
- Action Comics v2 #31: "Infected, Part One" (with Greg Pak, Aaron Kuder and Rafa Sandoval, DC Comics, 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy v3 #15 (with Brian Michael Bendis and Nick Bradshaw, Marvel, 2014)
- Batgirl v4 #35-ongoing (layouts + co-writer with Brenden Fletcher, art by Babs Tarr (#35-43, 45-ongoing), Irene Koh (short story in Secret Origins v3 #10), Joel Gomez (#41), Jake Wyatt (#42), Michel Lacombe (#42-43), Bengal (#44, Endgame tie-in one-shot, Annual #3), David Lafuente (Annual #3), Ming Doyle (Annual #3) and Mingjue Helen Chen (Annual #3), DC Comics, 2014–...)
- The Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures: "The Day That Never Was!" (with Grant Morrison, one-shot, 2015)
- Fight Club 2 #1-10 (with Chuck Palahniuk, Dark Horse, 2015–2016)
- Green Arrow #33 (DC Comics, 2004)
- Batman: The 12 Cent Adventure #1 (DC Comics, 2004)
- Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man #17-20 (Marvel, 2006)
- Marvel Adventures: The Avengers #9-12 (Marvel, 2007)
- Wolverine: First Class #17 (Marvel, 2009)
- Uncanny X-Men: First Class #8 (Marvel, 2010)
- Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #4 (DC Comics, 2010)
- Batman Incorporated v2 #2 (DC Comics, 2012)
- Happy! #2 (Image, 2012)
- Superman Unchained #5 (DC Comics, 2014)
- Zero #6 (Image, 2014)
- Black Market #1 (Boom! Studios, 2014)
- Batman/Superman #10 (DC Comics, 2014)
- Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain #1 (Image, 2014)
- Judge Dredd Megazine #349 (Rebellion, 2014)
- George Pérez's Sirens #1 (Boom! Studios, 2014)
- Supergirl v5 #34 (DC Comics, 2014)
- Teen Titans v5 #34 (DC Comics, 2014)
- Justice League United #5 (DC Comics, 2014)
- Captain Canuck #1 (Chapter House, 2015)
- Archie #1 (Archie Comics, 2015)
- The Apocalipstix
- RAGNA-ROCK: Fawkes & Stewart on "The Apocalipstix", Comic Book Resources, June 11, 2008
- EXCLUSIVE: The Apocalipstix 50-Page Preview, Comic Book Resources, June 12, 2008
- George, Richard (September 11, 2009). "Introducing the Third Batman and Robin Artist". IGN. Retrieved September 14, 2009.
- "2009 Nominees and Winners". Joe Shuster Awards. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- Rogers, Vaneta (December 18, 2014). "Cameron Stewart Brings Back Captain Marvel For The Multiversity: Thunderworld". Newsarama. Archived from the original on September 14, 2015.
Readers were introduced to the Earth-5 version of Captain Marvel while also being treated to a reunion of Morrison and his frequent collaborator, artist Cameron Stewart.
- Diaz, Jesus (July 21, 2014). "Fight Club 2 is coming in 2015". Gizmodo. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Sneddon, Laura (August 22, 2013). "Seaguy Eternal: The Script, It Lives! And Morrison’s Full Answers on Seaguy.". Comicsbeat.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cameron Stewart.|
- Official website
- Cameron Stewart at the Comic Book DB
- Official blog
- Sin Titulo, a web comic he writes and draws
- Mindlessones: 13 Questions With Cameron Stewart
- Interview with Cameron Stewart about Seaguy
- Radio Interview with Cameron Stewart and Jason Aaron about The Other Side