The Apocalypse Triptych
Official logo for the series, showing the three stages of the apocalypse
|Author||John Joseph Adams (editor),
Hugh Howey (editor)
|Genre||Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction|
|Published||2014 - 2015|
|Media type||Print, e-book, audiobook|
The Apocalypse Triptych is a series of three anthologies of apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction, edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey. The first anthology, The End is Nigh, was self-published on March 1, 2014, with the second volume, The End is Now following on September 1, 2014. The final anthology, The End Has Come, was released on May 1, 2015.
The Apocalypse Triptych features stories from various different authors such as Sarah Langan, Scott Sigler, and Carrie Vaughn, as well as from Hugh Howey. Each volume contains several stories with an apocalyptic theme, and each volume is set during a specific stage of an apocalypse. The first volume contains stories that deal with the concept of an impending apocalypse, while the second volume looks at what life would be like during such an event. The final volume collects stories that discuss people trying to rebuild and replenish civilization.
- The End is Nigh (2014)
- The End is Now (2014)
- The End Has Come (2015)
Critical reception for the first volume was positive and Boing Boing has praised System Reset, one of the stories in The End is Nigh.Black Gate gave The End is Nigh a positive review, commenting that they felt that it was good enough to "probably be up for best anthology on some ballots". Wired and Fearnet also gave the first volume praise, and Wired stated that while some of the stories "hit with more force than others" the anthology as a whole was excellent.
- DeNardo, John. "Website Launch: THE APOCALYPSE TRIPTYCH Edited John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey". SF Signal. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Newitz, Annalee. "Does the apocalypse come in three stages?". io9. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- DeNardo, John. "Table of Contents: THE END IS NIGH Edited by John Joseph Adams". SF Signal. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Vol. 3: The End Has Come". The Apocalypse Triptych. John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Doctorow, Cory. "Tobias Buckell's "System Reset": tense, taut hacker tale". Boing Boing. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Avery, Sarah. "The Series Series: The End Is Nigh: The Apocalypse Triptych, edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey". Black Gate. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Gilliand, Blu. "Book Review: 'The End is Nigh' Edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey". Fearnet. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Edidin, Rachel. "Exclusive Excerpt: Heartbreaking Stories From the End of the World". Wired. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
|This article about an anthology of written works is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|