The Arboretum of South Barrington
The Arboretum of South Barrington is a shopping mall that opened in the Fall of 2008 in the Chicago suburb of South Barrington, Illinois. The center is looking to attract retailers. The 600,000-square-foot (56,000 m2) center comprises a mix of apparel and furniture retailers, restaurants, and a movie theater.
On December 15, 2010, owner Jaffe Cos. announced that they are putting the mall up for sale as it was unable to pay off the $91,000,000 construction loan. In 2011, Jaffe Cos. brought in a partner, Long Warf, to pay off the debt. It sold the mall to Starwood Retail Properties.
- Cash registers, fireworks ring in new Arboretum mall in South Barrington
- Pohl, Kimberly (15 December 2010). "There's plenty of stores but Arboretum of South Barrington for sale". Daily Herald. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- Graham, Doug T. (14 September 2014). "Developer to sell The Arboretum of South Barrington". Daily Herald. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- Kukec, Anna Marie (22 April 2015). "Arboretum of South Barrington sold to Starwood". Daily Herald. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Luxury theater opens Friday in South Barrington
- S. Barrington LL Bean to open next week
- Gymnastics training center opens in S. Barrington
|This article about a building or structure in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|