|Directed by||U-Wei Haji Saari|
|Produced by||Tini Arshad
U-Wei Haji Saari
|Written by||U-Wei Haji Saari|
|Based on||Barn Burning
by William Faulkner
|Music by||Embie C. Noer|
|Cinematography||Ali Kong Hussein|
|Edited by||Roslan Ramli|
The Arsonist (Malay: Kaki bakar) is a 1995 Malaysian drama film directed by U-Wei Haji Saari based on the short story Barn Burning by William Faulkner. It was first screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1995 Cannes Film Festival, then later into Malaysian cinemas in 2001.
- Khalid Salleh as Kakang
- Ngasrizal Ngasri as Raden Mas Kesuma, Kakang's youngest son
- Azizah Mahzan as Kakang's wife
- Anwar Idris as Mustapha
- Jamaluddin Kadir as Tuan Kassim
- Kuswadinata as Tok Empat
- James, Caryn (6 April 1996). "Movie Review - FILM FESTIVAL REVIEW: Faulkner, Set in Malaysia". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Recently there was a screening of the first Malaysian movie to make Cannes". The Daily Seni. 9 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Festival de Cannes: The Arsonist". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
|This article related to Malaysian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|