The Art Institute of Charlotte
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina, USA 1738|
The Art Institute of Charlotte is one of The Art Institutes, a system of more than 45 educational institutions located throughout North America, providing education in design, media arts, fashion and culinary arts. The Art Institutes system is a subsidiary of Education Management Corporation, which is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Founded in 1973 as the American Business & Fashion Institute, the college joined The Art Institutes system of schools in 1999 and changed its name to The Art Institute of Charlotte The Art Institute of Charlotte is located at 2110 Water Ridge Parkway in Charlotte, North Carolina and is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham is a branch of The Art Institute of Charlotte. The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham is owned by The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, Inc. The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Art Institutes International, LLC.
Some of The Art Institute of Charlotte’s students, alumni and professors have been interviewed or profiled in media outlets such as The Charlotte Observer, The San Jose Mercury News, and NBC affiliate WCNC-TV.
- "About Us: History & Mission: The Art Institute of Philadelphia - The Art Institute of Charlotte". Artinstitutes.edu. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
-  Archived March 18, 2008 at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived October 12, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Four-star pork belly - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- [dead link]
- Official website
- Education Management Corporation official website
- The Art Institutes Cooking School Scholarship Contest
- "http://content.artinstitutes.edu/assets/documents/charlotte/charlotte-president-bio.pdf" (PDF). External link in