The Art Institute of Vancouver
This article needs to be updated.June 2018)(
LaSalle College Vancouver is a higher education arts and design school in Vancouver, Canada providing education in media arts, fashion, graphic design, interior design, culinary, audio production, and film production.
In 2017, The Art Institute of Vancouver was acquired by LCI Education Network and the 80,000 square foot building has been rebranded to reflect its new association as LaSalle College Vancouver. The original main location of The Art Institute of Vancouver used to be in Burnaby, which was founded in 1979 and originally called the Center for Digital Imaging and Sound (CDIS). The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Vancouver was founded in 1982 and originally called Dubrulle International Culinary & Hotel Institute of Canada. Since 2010 all the programs have now moved to its present location at the new Renfrew Campus.
The Art Institute of Vancouver is registered with and accredited by the Private Training Institutions Branch
The Art Institute of Vancouver, now LaSalle College Vancouver, offers courses in Visual Effects, Animation, Recording Arts, Baking & Pastry Arts, Culinary Arts, Music Production, Event Management, Digital Film & Video, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Game Art & Design, Game Programming, and other art disciplines. Since 2009 The Art Institute of Vancouver offers a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design.
Game Art & Design program
The Calgary Sun reported that in 2005 over 200 students were enrolled in The Art Institute of Vancouver's 18-month game art and design diploma program. And in 2006 The Art Institute of Vancouver partnered with the International Game Developers Association and video game company Electronic Arts (EA) to host the ARTmageddon game industry festival. The school's teachers and students have been interviewed about game design and education by publications such as the Vancouver Courier and Gamasutra.
- EDMC - Press Release, October 3, 2002
- EDMC - Press Release
- "LCI Education set to acquire Art Institute of Vancouver". Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly. 2017-01-19. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- News, The PIE. "LCI Education acquires The Art Institute of Vancouver". thepienews.com. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "LCI Education network acquires The Art Institute of Vancouver". LCI Éducation. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- Guitar Heroes shred it up at Cellar Archived 2012-11-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Gamasutra - 'Student Day in the Life: The Art Institute of Vancouver's Phillip Meilleur'