The Art of Captaincy
The Art of Captaincy (ISBN 0340270861) is a book written by the cricketer Mike Brearley, first published in 1985 by Hodder and Stoughton Ltd. The book draws on his experiences while captaining Middlesex and later leading England to the famous Ashes victory in 1981. Being the only cricket book which talks about and explores the various challenges a cricket team captain must surmount, it has often been referred to as a "treatise on captaincy". (Scott 2011)
- Brearley, Mike (2001). The Art Of Captaincy. Channel 4. pp. 242–243. ISBN 0340270861. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- Nicholas, Mark (2001-12-13). "Hussain's style has the Brearley touch". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- McConnell, Lynn (1999-05-14). "Why white is the thing for swing". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- Scott, Les (2011). Bats, Balls & Bails: The Essential Cricket Book. Random House. p. 14. ISBN 1-446-42316-6. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Leading, by the book". Cricinfo. 2008-03-15. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
|This article about a non-fiction book related to sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|