The Art of Love (album)
|The Art of Love|
|Studio album by Sandra|
|Released||February 23, 2007|
|Genre||Synthpop, R&B, pop rock, acoustic|
The highly anticipated studio album, The Art of Love was released in February 2007, entering the 16th position on the German charts. The Album had 3 Singles Released although none of them have received a music video. For the first time, Michael Cretu did not work as a producer for the album, as he was reportedly busy producing his new Enigma album A posteriori. Sandra's management first tried to find producers from the United Kingdom, but Sandra didn't like the idea of leaving her family for a long period of time. Finally, Sandra contacted Michael Cretu's "right hand", Jens Gad, who produced the entire album. Sandra, for the first time during her career, now participated actively in composing and writing the album. Therefore, the lyrics of the songs are more personal, with Sandra revisiting her childhood and all her sad experiences in them. She worked at Gad's studio at nights, returning home to prepare breakfast for her twins, and then sleeping until they would come home from school. Also, for the first time, Sandra revealed her new, sexier look in the promotional pictures shot in New York by Bärbel Miebach.
The track "Casino Royale" is an alternative version of a song originally recorded by Polish singer Edyta Górniak, as "Sleep With Me", and later covered by Canadian electronic music outfit Conjure One. Sandra's own alternative version, titled "Sleep", appears as a bonus track on the CD single release of "The Way I Am". The album contains Sandra's second collaboration with Swiss artist DJ Bobo, a song called "Love is the Price". Her first was on their joint 2006 hit single, "Secrets of Love".
- "What D'ya Think of Me" (Jens Gad, Sandra) – 4:34
- "The Way I Am" (Sandra, Jens Gad, Andru Donalds) – 3:31
- "The Art of Love" (Jens Gad, Sandra) – 4:14
- "What Is It About Me" (Sela, Jens Gad, Winston, McKenzie) – 3:54
- "Dear God... if You Exist" (Jens Gad, Sandra) – 4:27
- "Silence Beside Me" (Jens Gad, Sandra) – 3:38
- "Once Upon a Time" (F. Cuidad, Jens Gad, Sandra) – 4:52
- "Put Your Arms Around Me" (Sinéad O'Connor, Rick Nowels) – 5:05
- "What's Left to Say" (F. Cuidad, Jens Gad, John Fischer) – 4:36
- "Casino Royale" (Rick Nowels, Billy Steinberg, Marie-Claire D'Ubaldo) – 3:51
- "Love is the Price" (Duet with DJ BoBo) (Long, Levis) – 3:23
- "Shadow of Power" (F.Cuidad, Jens Gad, Sandra) – 3:36
- "All You Zombies" (Eric Bazilian, Rob Hyman) – 5:03
|"What Is It About Me"|
|Single by Sandra|
|from the album The Art of Love|
|B-side||"What D'ya Think of Me"
"Les qu'est-ce que c'est"
"Silencio a mi lado"
|Released||31 May 2007|
|Format||CD single, Digital single|
|Songwriter(s)||Jens Gad, Sandra, Andru Donalds|
|Sandra singles chronology|
- "The Way I Am"
"The Way I Am" was released as the lead single from the album in January 2007 and reached number fifty on the official German Charts. The CD single contains two non-album tracks, "Logical Love" and "Sleep", an alternative version of the album track "Casino Royale".
- "What Is It About Me"
"What Is It About Me" was released as the second single in May 2007. The song wasn't a success and failed to chart. The song has three B-sides: "What D'ya Think of Me", "Les Qu'est-ce Que c'est" and "Silencio A Mi Lado". The first B-side track appeared on this, Sandra's eighth studio album. The track "Les Qu'est-ce Que c'est" is a French version of "What's Left to Say", and the track "Silencio A Mi Lado" is a Spanish version of "Silence Beside Me".
- "What Is It About Me" – 3:54
- "What Is It About Me" (Lounge Edit) – 5:09
- "What D'ya Think of Me" – 4:32
- "Les qu'est-ce que c'est" – 4:13
- "Silencio a mi lado" – 3:38
- "All You Zombies"
Finally, "All You Zombies" was released as a promotional single later that same year.
- "Put Your Arms Around Me"
Put Your Arms Around Me, a cover of the Sinéad O'Connor song of the same name, was supposed to be a single as Sandra stated in an interview but in another interview she stated no more singles would be released from the album
The album debuted and peaked at number sixteen on the German Album Charts.
|France SNEP Albums Charts||159|
|German Albums Charts||16|
|Swiss Albums Top 100||88|
|Polish Top 50 Albums||26|
- laut.de review
- "Sandra – What Is It About Me CD Single". Cduniverse.com. 2007-05-22. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- http://iplay.pl/muzyka/sandra,54992/plyty/what+is+it+about+me,48741/[dead link]
- "The Art of Love". French and Swiss Albums Charts (Lescharts.com). Retrieved 4 March 2008.
- "The Art of Love". Polish Top 50 Albums (Olis.onyx.pl). 12 March 2007. Retrieved 27 July 2016.