The Artist's Magazine
|Company||Macanta Investments, LLC|
|Based in||Cincinnati, Ohio|
The Artist's Magazine is a monthly magazine for artists formerly published by F+W Media in Cincinnati, Ohio. The magazine was founded in 1983 and claims a circulation of 60,000. The founding company was Fletcher Art Services. F&W Publications acquired the magazine in September 1986. In 2019 the company stopped its operations and its publications were sold. Macanta Investments, LLC, acquired The Artist's Magazine.
In July 2012, The Artist's Magazine's publisher bought out Interweave, the publisher of another art magazine titled American Artist. After their final issue December 2012 (75 year special), further publications from its writers were incorporated into The Artist's Magazine.
- Mary Burzlaff Bostic (October 18, 2010). 2011 Artist's and Graphic Designer's Market. Penguin Publishing Group. p. 274. ISBN 978-1-59963-258-2. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- "The Artist’s Magazine Submission Guidelines," ArtistsNetwork.com.
- "Title: The Artist's magazine". Dakota County Library. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- Greg Dool (June 17, 2019). "F+W Media Reveals Winning Bidders at Bankruptcy Auction". Foliomag. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- Stephen Blake Mettee, Michelle Doland, Doris Hall, The American Directory of Writer's Guidelines, "The Artist's Magazine", p. 61.
- "2006, English, Book, Illustrated edition". National Library of Australia. Retrieved May 28, 2017
- Boddy-Evans, Marion (April 29, 2016). "End of "American Artist" Magazine". About.com. Retrieved August 25, 2016.