The Assassin's Code
|The Assassin's Code|
|Directed by||David A. Armstrong|
Justin Chatwin |
|Edited by||Sasha Dylan Bell|
|Distributed by||Gravitas Ventures|
The Assassin's Code, previously entitled Legacy, is an American thriller film directed by David A. Armstrong and written by Edward Lee Cornett and Valerie Grant. The film stars Justin Chatwin, Peter Stormare and Mark Thompson. The film was released on May 11, 2018, in a limited release and through video on demand by Gravitas Ventures.
Rookie Cleveland detective Michael Connelly (Justin Chatwin) is desperate to escape from under the shadow of his late father, a detective convicted of a drug scandal within the department when Michael was a boy. When a million dollars' worth of drugs are stolen from police custody and the detective on the case soon turns up dead, Michael begs his captain for the assignment and the chance to prove himself. But when his investigation points toward a crime network, Michael faces pressure to maintain the status quo as he plays a cat-and-mouse game with the powers that be, while under the watchful eye of a ghost-like assassin ensuring their secrecy.
- Justin Chatwin as Detective Michael Connelly
- Peter Stormare as Kurt Schlychter
- Mark Thompson as Captain Jack O'Brien
- Robin Thomas as Angelo Leonetti
- Yancy Butler as Laura Consolo
- Rich Grosso as Carmen Puccinaldi
- Elizabeth Anweis as Jia Connelly
- Dontez James as David Paris
- Matt O'Shea as Jimmy Marco
- Christopher Mele as Detective Brandt
- Allen O'Reilly as Steve Kitchen
- Jordan Whalen as Keller Abrams
- Melvin Bender as Ray Blaine
- Greg Violand as Kenny Cohen
- Lauren Ashley Berry as Detective Harris
- Edward Lee Cornett as Albert
The Assassin's Code will have its world premiere at the Cleveland International Film Festival on April 12, 2018. Gravitas Ventures acquired the domestic distribution rights and released the film on May 11, 2018, in select theaters and through video on demand.
- "'Shameless,' 'Fargo' Actors to Star in Indie 'Legacy' (Exclusive)". Hollywoodreporter.com. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Filming Dates". imdb.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Cleveland International Film Festival 2018: Get ready for more than 400 features and shorts from 72 countries". Ohio.com. Retrieved 2018-04-03.