The Athens Messenger
|Owner(s)||Adams Publishing Group|
|Headquarters||9300 Johnson Hollow Road Athens, Ohio 45701
|Website||The Athens Messenger|
The newspaper was owned and published by Brown Publishing Company, which publishes more than fifteen daily newspapers and over sixty weekly newspapers. In 2007, it was sold to American Consolidated Media.  American Consolidated Media owned more than 100 newspapers in 18 distinct regions of the United States. In 2014, Adams Publishing group acquired 34 papers, including the Messenger, from ACM.
- "The Athens Messenger". The Athens Messenger. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "Athens Messenger". Mondo Code, LLC. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "The Athens Messenger". Athens, Ohio: Ancestry.com. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "Brown Publishing sells 11 papers". Cincinnati Business Courier. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- "The Athens Messenger". Yellow Pages. YP Intellectual Property LLC. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "American Consolidated Media, About Us". American Consolidated Media. 2011. Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- "APG acquires three newspaper divisions from ACM". Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- Miller, Lance (August 1969). A Market Study of the Athens Messenger as a Daily News Source to Graduate and Married Students. Athens, Ohio: Ohio University. p. 206. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- The Writings of Andrew Stritmatter (1847-1880): Missionary in China in the 1870's Letter From China (AM) - Chinese Language
- The Athens Messenger
- "The Athens Messenger". Athens, Ohio: Ancestry.com. Retrieved August 25, 2012. access to microfilm of back copies.
|This article about an Ohio newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|