The Audacity of Hype
|The Audacity of Hype|
|Studio album by Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine|
|Released||October 20, 2009|
|Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine chronology|
|The Aquarian Weekly||(B+)|
The Audacity of Hype is an album released on October 20, 2009 by Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine on Alternative Tentacles. The name is a parody of Barack Obama's book The Audacity of Hope.
Some of the songs have previously been played by Biafra with other collaborators:
- "Electronic Plantation", "Panic Land" and "Three Strikes" originated from an unreleased collaboration with Biafra and The Heads.
- "New Feudalism" and "Electronic Plantation" were released by The No WTO Combo on the live album Live from the Battle in Seattle.
All tracks written by Mr. Biafra.
|1.||"The Terror of Tinytown"||4:36|
|2.||"Clean As A Thistle"||4:14|
|7.||"Strength Thru Shopping"||3:54|
|8.||"Pets Eat Their Master"||5:03|
|9.||"I Won't Give Up" (the song "I Won't Give Up" ends at 7:11. After 6 minutes of silence, at minute 13:11, starts a hidden track featuring all of the songs played at the same time)||21:13|
- Jello Biafra - Vocals
- Ralph Spight - Guitars
- Jon Weiss - Drums
- Billy Gould - Bass guitar
- Kimo Ball - Guitars
- Ani Kyd - Back-up vocals on "Electronic Plantation" and "Pets Eat Their Masters"
- Pat Wynne - Back-up vocals
- Anne-Marie Anderson - Back up vocals
- "The Audacity of Hype - Jello Biafra & the Guantanamo School of Medicine". Allmusic.
- "Jello Biafra And The Guantanamo School Of Medicine: The Audacity Of Hype". The Aquarian Weekly.
- "Jello Biafra And The Guantanamo School Of Medicine - The Audacity Of Hype". Punknews.org.