The Baby Maker
|The Baby Maker|
Spanish film poster
|Directed by||James Bridges|
|Produced by||Richard Goldstone
|Written by||James Bridges|
|Music by||Fred Karlin|
|Cinematography||Charles Rosher, Jr.|
|Edited by||Walter Thompson|
|Distributed by||National General Pictures (1970,original) Warner Bros. (2009, DVD)|
|October 1, 1970|
The film exposes the clash of values between Hershey, along with her boyfriend (Scott Glenn), and the couple. It also deals with the emotional turmoil all four characters go through.
Criticizing the directing and writing of James Bridges, critic Shirley Rigby said of the "bizarre" film, "Only the performances in the film save it from being a total travesty." Rigby went on to say, "Barbara Hershey is a great little actress, much, much more than just another pretty face."
- Barbara Hershey as Tish Gray
- Collin Wilcox Paxton as Suzanne (as Collin Wilcox-Horne)
- Sam Groom as Jay Wilcox
- Scott Glenn as Tad Jacks
- Jeannie Berlin as Charlotte
- Lili Valenty as Mrs. Culnick
- Helena Kallianiotes as Wanda
- Jeff Siggins as Dexter
- Phyllis Coates as Tish's Mother
- Madge Kennedy as Tish's Grandmother
- Ray Hemphill as the Toy Store 'Killer'
- Paul Linke as Sam
- Bobby Pickett as Dr. Sims
- Samuel Francis as The Single Wing Turquoise Bird
- Alan Keesling as The Single Wing Turquoise Bird (2)
The Baby Maker was released to DVD by Warner Home Video on March 23, 2009, via the Warner Archives DVD-on-demand service as a Region 1 DVD.
- Rigby, Shirley. The Baby Maker-A Bizarre Tale. The Miami News, December 16, 1970, pg. 19 A.
|This 1970s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|