The Bachelorette (season 14)
|The Bachelorette (season 14)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Original release||May 28 –|
August 6, 2018
Kufrin was the winner of the 22nd season of The Bachelor featuring Arie Luyendyk Jr.; however, Luyendyk broke off his engagement with Kufrin to resume a relationship with runner-up Lauren Burnham prior to the After the Final Rose special. On the season finale, Kufrin picked medical sales representative Garrett Yrigoyen to be her fiancé.
- 1 Development and production
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Call-out order
- 4 Episodes
- 5 Controversies
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Development and production
Filming was reported in Richmond, Virginia during April 6 – 9 at Lombardy Street, Virginia State Capitol, Edgar Allan Poe Museum, Veil Brewing Company, and Carpenter Theatre. Besides Virginia, this season also included visits in Utah, Nevada, The Bahamas, Thailand and Maldives. Appearances on this season are musicians Lil Jon, Richard Marx, Granger Smith, Wayne Newton, Morgan Evans, Baha Men and Betty Who and sports personalities Keyshawn Johnson, Valerie Fleming and Shauna Rohbock.
Virginia governor Ralph Northam also made his appearance as the audience member in the group date held in Richmond, Virginia.
The season began with 28 contestants.
|Garrett Yrigoyen||29||Manteca, California||Medical Sales Representative||Winner||1|||
|Blake Horstmann||28||Bailey, Colorado||Sales Rep||Runner-up||2|
|Jason Tartick||29||Buffalo, New York||Senior Corporate Banker||Week 9||3|||
|Colton Underwood||26||Washington, Illinois||Former Pro Football Player||Week 8||4|||
|William "Wills" Reid||29||Los Angeles, California||Graphic Designer||Week 7||5|||
|Leandro "Leo" Dottavio||31||Los Angeles, California||Actor||6|
|Connor Obrochta||25||St. Petersburg, Florida||Fitness Coach||Week 6||7-8|||
|Lincoln Adim||26||Boston, Massachusetts||Account Sales Executive|
|Chris Randone||30||Pleasantville, New York||Sales Trainer||9|
|John Graham||28||Chicago, Illinois||Software Engineer||Week 5||10|||
|Jordan Kimball||26||Crystal River, Florida||Male Model||11|
|David Ravitz||25||Cherry Hill, New Jersey||Venture Capitalist||12|
|Christon Staples||31||Los Angeles, California||Former Harlem Globetrotter||Week 4||13-14|||
|Nicholas "Nick" Spetsas||27||Palm Coast, Florida||Attorney|
|Jean Blanc||31||Boston, Massachusetts||Colognoisseur||15|
|Michael "Mike" Renner||27||Cincinnati, Ohio||Sports Analyst||Week 3||16-17|
|Ryan Peterson||26||Mashpee, Massachusetts||Banjoist|
|Clay Harbor||30||Chicago, Illinois||Pro Football Player||18 (quit)|||
|Alex Templeman||31||Atlanta, Georgia||Construction Manager||Week 2||19–21|||
|Rickey Jasper||27||Ashburn, Virginia||IT Consultant|
|Trent Jespersen||28||Carroll, Iowa||Realtor|
|Chase Vergason||27||Sanford, Florida||Advertising Vice President||Week 1||22–27|||
|Christian Estrada||28||San Diego, California||Banker|
|Darius Feaster||26||Sherman Oaks, California||Pharmaceutical Sales Rep|
|Grant Vandevanter||27||Danville, California||Electrician|
|Joe Amabile||31||Chicago, Illinois||Grocery Store Owner|
|Kamil Nicalek||30||Monroe, New York||Social Media Participant|
|Jake Enyeart||29||Minneapolis, Minnesota||Marketing Consultant||28|
Bachelor in Paradise
David Ravitz, Kamil Nicalek, Joe Amabile, John Graham, Jordan Kimball, Nick Spetsas, Chris Randone, Colton Underwood, Connor Obrochta, Wills Reid, and Leo Dottavio competed in the fifth season of Bachelor in Paradise. Reid and Spetsas were eliminated in week one. Dottavio was removed in week three. Obrachta and Ravitz were eliminated in week three. Underwood quit in week four. Amabile quit in week five. Graham quit in week six. Nicalek left in a relationship with Annaliese Puccini, while Kimball and Randone left engaged to Jenna Cooper and Krystal Nielson, respectively.
Dancing with the Stars
Outside of the Bachelor Nation franchise, Amabile competed in the twenty-seventh season of Dancing With the Stars and was partnered with Jenna Johnson. He made it to the semi-finals before being eliminated. Kimball joined Amabile and Johnson during week 4's Trio Night.
|Order||Bachelors||Episode / Week|
|15||Blake||Trent||Christon||Jean Blanc||Jean Blanc|
- The contestant received a first impression rose
- The contestant received a rose during a date
- The contestant received a rose during the cocktail party
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was eliminated during a date
- The contestant was eliminated outside the rose ceremony
- The contestant originally received a rose during a date, but later quit the competition
- The contestant won the competition
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|149||1||"Week 1: Season Premiere"||May 28, 2018||1401||5.50|
|Season 14 begins with Becca arrives at the Bachelor mansion to meet with three former Bachelorettes: Kaitlyn Bristowe, JoJo Fletcher and Rachel Lindsay to give an advice about finding love. JoJo burns a sage to cleanse out of her memories. Later that night, Becca's journey begins where she meets twenty-eight men in the mansion. Colton brings a party popper to start things with a pop; Jean Blanc speaks French to Becca; Connor offers a ring and mimics a proposal with Becca's famous phrase; Mike holds a large cardboard of Arie Luyendyk Jr.; Garrett drives a minivan filled with diaper bags, car seats and a soccer ball; Blake presents an ox; Trent appears out of hearse; David wears a chicken suit and Chris presents a church choir group to sing a gospel song for Becca. Once they are all inside, Clay shows Becca a set of clay to help her remember his name. Christon, a former Harlem Globetrotter plays basketball with Becca and slam dunks by jumping over her head, the guys get excited and play a pick-up game. Garrett takes Becca fishing in the swimming pool as she reminded how she grew up fishing with her dad. Becca recognizes Jake as someone she has met several times where she talks to him one-on-one, and because she does not trust his motives, she sends him home. Chris and Chase are acquainted and live in the same state and Chris learns that one of Chase's ex-girlfriends thinks he isn't on the show for the right reasons. Becca talks to both men to try and sort out the situation. Garrett gets the first impression rose. At the rose ceremony, Chase, Christian, Darius, Grant, Joe and Kamil were sent home.|
|150||2||"Week 2"||June 4, 2018||1402||5.81|
|Eight men are chosen for the first group date and they travel to Saddlerock Ranch in Malibu to meet with Becca to change them into tuxedos and they compete in a wedding-themed obstacle course hosted by Bachelorette couple Rachel Lindsay and Bryan Abasolo. Lincoln wins the challenge and takes a photo with Becca at the altar. At the after party, Lincoln brings his picture frame and displays it in front of the other guys, Connor feels that he is rubbing the victory in their faces. The argument escalates until Connor throws Lincoln's photo in the pool, smashing the glass. Lincoln tells Becca, and she's in turn to tell Connor she can't make control on their emotions. Connor then apologizes and hopes he can prove to her he isn't like that. Jean Blanc gets the group date rose. Immediately after the date, Colton and Jason gossip about the drama with Lincoln. Blake gets the first one-on-one date for the season and he and Becca travel to an abandoned warehouse. Chris Harrison tells them they will be dealing with Becca's past from The Bachelor that are shown various things recalled on Becca's past with Arie such as a race car, champagne, a fish tank, a flock of hanging hearts, a dining room set, several TV monitors showing Becca's proposal with Arie and the couch where Arie dumped her. Lil Jon appears and raps "Turn Down for What" while Becca and Blake destroy everything. During dinner, Blake reveals that he also has been blindsided by someone he loves. Becca feels a connection between them and Blake gets the rose. For the second group date, ten men go to a school gymnasium to play dodgeball with middle school kids. For the second part of the date, they split up into two teams of five in a trampoline stadium. Chris Harrison and Fred Willard are giving commentary, Leo shows exemplary dodgeball skills. At the after party, Colton reveals to Becca that he recently had been talking/dating Tia Booth from the most recent season of The Bachelor prior to coming on this show. Becca can't decide how she feels about the situation. Wills gets the group date rose. At the cocktail party, Jordan takes off most of his clothes, walking around to the other guys and comes interrupts Becca and David's conversation. David is upset and claims that Jordan has disrespected him and Becca. Connor lets Becca throw a picture of him in the pool to get a fresh start. Becca and Colton talk again and she makes it clear she still hasn't made up her mind. In the rose ceremony, Alex, Rickey and Trent were sent home.|
|151||3||"Week 3"||June 11, 2018||1403||5.49|
|David and Jordan start the episode bickering and drama continues to brew between them. Colton expresses his relief at receiving a rose and hopes his previous relationship with Tia will not hinder his and Becca's relationship. He and the other five men are selected for the group date to a spa with Becca's fellow The Bachelor contestants: Tia Booth, Caroline Lunny, Bekah Martinez, Seinne Fleming and Kendall Long. The men "work" as spa attendants to pamper Becca and her friends and then it's the ladies' turn to do the men. Becca gives her concerns to Tia about Colton. She is worried that he actually signed up to the show hoping that Tia would be chosen as the Bachelorette. At the after party, Jordan reveals to the other guys that he has 4,000 Tinder matches. David tells Becca about this, believing Jordan is not there for the right reasons. She expresses her anger to Jordan in front of the other men. Jordan fights with David over his intentions. Colton gets the group date rose. Chris goes on a one-on-one date, he and Becca travel to Capitol Records studios where they meet singer-songwriter Richard Marx who asks them to write a love song about their relationship so far, but Chris struggles to express his feelings. During the night portion of the date, Chris opens up about his family issues, his parents have divorced and reveals that he wrote a letter to his estranged father that was never acknowledged. Chris gets the rose and Marx sings "Right Here Waiting" to serenade the couple. Suddenly, David is sent to the hospital. The next day, Chris Harrison tells Becca that David is in intensive care with serious injuries, after a fall from the top bunk. The other men express concern. The ten men travel to Ventura College field grounds for a football game date called "The Becca Bowl". Legends Football League players Malissa Miles and Dina Karkowski coach the guys in two teams of five, while Harrison and Keyshawn Johnson are giving commentary. Clay leads his team to victory but a bad fall causes him to be sent to the hospital. At the after party, He joins the other guys with a cast on his left arm, he gives Becca a kiss and receives the group date rose. At the cocktail party, Connor shows Becca how to play baseball. Then, Clay makes a difficult decision that he has to have a surgery on his wrist and therefore must leave the competition.|
|152||4||"Week 4"||June 18, 2018||1404||5.70|
|Picking up from the previous week's cocktail party, Becca gives Jordan pair of astonishing gold boxer shorts as a joke. David returns to the mansion with a busted face after his fall, and tells Becca how he is feeling. Becca gives him a rose during the cocktail party, so he can go get some rest and skip the rose ceremony. At the rose ceremony, Mike and Ryan were sent home. Becca shortly announces to the remaining guys that they are heading to Park City, Utah. Garrett goes on his one-on-one with Becca to explore Park City visiting shops on a busy street where they tried on alpaca hats and did kombucha shots. When they reach Utah Olympic Park via ski lift, Olympians Valerie Fleming and Shauna Rohbock are there to show them how to ride a bobsled. During dinner, Garrett tells Becca about his difficult past, revealing that he is a divorcee and his ex-wife became very abusive to him. Garrett gets the rose and they attend a concert by Granger Smith. The thirteen men go to Wasatch Mountain State Park for a group date where they meet with Becca to participate in a lumberjack competition called Becca's Big Lumberjack Bash. They meet with lumberjack experts, Kendall and Billy who instruct the men on how to practice logging skills. They divide into two teams to create five events. Blake shows his outdoor experience and dominates for Team Red, but Team Blue wins after John seals victory. At the after party, Jordan wears his gold boxer shorts to mess around, but it rubs Colton up the wrong way and they argue about his immaturity. Jean Blanc gives Becca a present of a customized perfume for her and they kiss. During Lincoln's alone time with Becca, Jean Blanc interrupts, asking for more time. He then tells her that he is falling in love with her, but she makes it clear that she doesn't feel the same way about him yet. While they are walking outside, Jean Blanc questions Becca's panic, and when she tells him she doesn't return his feelings of love, he takes back what he said. Becca feels he was only saying what he thought she wanted to hear, and Jean Blanc is sent home that made Becca upset and warns the other men on she demands with honesty, this ends up with no rose. Wills gets his one-on-one with Becca where they ride a snowmobile through Thousand Peaks Park. Wills shares his story with Becca that he had an emotional previous relationship and he receives the rose. The cocktail party is cancelled, as Becca feels she knows what she wants to do, and instead there is a rose ceremony. Christon and Nick are sent home. Jordan stays and fears that he and David will continue fighting, and vows to make a strong move with Becca in the next week. Becca tells the men they are heading to Las Vegas.|
|153||5||"Week 5"||June 25, 2018||1405||5.78|
|The twelve remaining men arrive in Las Vegas. Colton gets his one-on-one date with Becca where they ride camels on a camel safari until they reach a hot tub. They relax and kiss. Colton tells Becca that he has moved on from his situation with Tia and also opens up about his previous relationship, and he gets the rose. Nine men traveled to the Casa de Shenandoah estate where they meet with "Mr. Las Vegas" himself, Wayne Newton into his house. Newton brings in his wife Kathleen to meet Becca and the men. Newton asks the men to write a song, changing the lyrics of his well-known song "Danke Schoen". Chris is hilarious and excited with his composed song which is similar to his one-on-one date in week three. The men have to perform on a stage with Newton and Becca herself. John has a positive attitude about his singing talent. At the after party which took place at T-Mobile Arena, Chris doesn't try to get time with Becca due to his high confidence about his performance, and ends up getting nothing when Blake gets a lot of time with Becca. Blake tells her that he is falling in love with her, and they share a passionate kiss. He receives the group date rose. David and Jordan get the two-on-one date and meet with Becca at Valley of Fire State Park. The two rivals are not very impressed. David tells Becca how Jordan was looking at other women in the hotel and casino. Jordan talks to Becca about on his casino past, but she confronts him over David's comments that Jordan said he was settling for Becca. When Jordan comes back, he and David start a heated argument. Becca sends David home. During dinner, Jordan is merely pleased to talk about his modeling gigs and Becca sees she has no connection with him, and she sends Jordan home. At the cocktail party, Chris interrupts Becca and Wills to discuss he feels she owes him more time, which she disagrees with. Wills returns a minute later, and asks Chris to leave and let him continue his conversation with Becca. At the rose ceremony, John is eliminated. Afterwards, Becca and the remaining men will be traveled to Richmond, Virginia.|
|154||6||"Week 6"||July 2, 2018||1406||5.30|
|The nine guys traveled to Richmond, Virginia for the week. Becca meets with Chris Harrison to give debriefing about the upcoming dates. Prior to the start for the first date, Chris and Lincoln started to bicker that caused to have argument on each other. Jason got his one-on-one date to explore the sights of historical landmarks in Downtown Richmond (St. John's Episcopal Church and Edgar Allan Poe Museum) where they stopped by at Veil Brewing Company, Jason is surprised to see his friends over. During dinner, Jason had his breaking story when his grandmother who had Alzheimer's, Becca gave the rose to him. The seven men took for a group date dressed in suits to visit Virginia State Capitol to meet the impersonators of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln where they announced them on the debate called "Beccalection". Harrison and Becca are the judges, along with the impersonator Presidents. Virginia Governor Ralph Northam makes his appearance as an audience member. Chris was truly dishonest to the crowd, Lincoln called him "malicious and aggressive", recalled about the argument. Both Chris and Lincoln would make a lot of disagreements. At the after party, Becca asked the guys to give a drama, Lincoln called over that didn't make happen on his arrogance over Chris. When Chris shows up to Becca, he felt having a little doubts and confronts Lincoln once again. Colton receives the group date rose. Leo got on his one-on-one and flew on a private plane through an aerial tour of Virginia and they landed in Chesapeake where they seen hundreds of oysters around Chesapeake Bay to grab them and shuck, he and Becca gave a toast on a forage of oysters. The dinner took place at Old City Hall, Leo and Becca chatted together about his relationship with his father that are very close and was idolized him as a child. Leo got the rose and attended a public concert at Carpenter Theatre with Morgan Evans single "Kiss Somebody" on a stage. Shortly after the date, Chris came over to see Becca where he isn't unhappy and talks to her on her hotel room, Becca tells him about on his erratic and manipulative behavior, cause a tendency over his issues and Becca sent him home. The remaining men knew that they would have a cocktail party at Dover Hall, but Harrison showed up the cocktail party will never happen and got straight to the rose ceremony. At the ceremony, Connor and Lincoln were sent home. Then, Becca announced the remaining men to be going to The Bahamas.|
|155||7||"Week 7"||July 9, 2018||1407||5.68|
|The men have arrived at Baha Mar hotel in Nassau, Becca gets head-to-head talk with Chris Harrison for a usual pre-date activities. Colton gets his one-on-one date riding through a catamaran where a local man seen them waiting on their boat to get a mollusk down on the ocean below. Colton reveals to Becca that he is a virgin and tells her about his experience in an athletic environment. Becca briefly leaves the dinner for a while to collect her thoughts, but ultimately gives Colton receives the rose. Garrett receives the second one-on-one, riding a seaplane with Becca to explore the Bahamas. Back at the hotel Blake is starting to worry about how much time has passed since his last one on one. Garrett expresses his feelings to Becca where he explains to her that she is what he is looking for in a partner; Garrett receives the rose. Blake receives the final one-on-one date, where he and Becca listen to various songs from Baha Men and dance together. Then, they talk on the beach where Blake reveals that his parents divorced while he was in high school as a result of his mom having an affair with his football coach. Blake also expresses that he is nervous and anxious since there are other men in the competition. Becca reassures him and gives him a rose. Wills, Jason and Leo go on the group date where they rode on a boat to a private island and play a volleyball with Becca. Becca talks with Leo, who is anxious about his connection with Becca. They both have different futures envisioned; Becca sends him home and takes Wills and Jason to dinner. Becca ultimately decides that she has a stronger connection with Jason, and gives him the group date rose, sending Wills home in tears.|
|156||8||"Week 8"||July 16, 2018||1408||6.31|
|Becca visits Garrett's hometown of Manteca, California to visit his family's farm, they plant tomatoes in a muddy field. Then, Becca meets Garrett's family, He is very close with his older sister and she shares her opinions about his previous relationship. Becca goes next to Jason's hometown of Buffalo, New York they traveled to Anchor Bar to eat a platter of Buffalo wings, afterwards played hockey together at HarborCenter. Jason reflects about his brother marrying a male partner and how that would effect his thoughts of marriage. Jason's mom talks with Becca about the courage of her son's relationship. Next is Blake in his hometown of Bailey, Colorado, he takes Becca to his old high school, Platte Canyon High School to give her a tour of the entire school including the school's track and field, they see his high school picture posted on a wall. Blake then tells Becca about a school shooting that happened while he was attending high school that shaped his views on life. Then, Betty Who performs at the school auditorium. Later, Becca meets Blake's family, his mother told him that he is deeply in love with Becca. Next, Becca travels to Colton's hometown Parker, Colorado they go to the Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora and volunteer to spend time with two children with cystic fibrosis. When Becca meets Colton's large family, he tells his mother about his virginity and Colton's dad raises a concern that his resolve would be tested. In Los Angeles, Becca reunites with her old friends from The Bachelor to give them a rundown of each the visits, Tia gives an one-on-one with Becca to talk about the possibility of Colton. At the start of the rose ceremony, Colton asks Chris Harrison about the Fantasy Suites and what they entail, then Becca eliminates him. Becca announced the remaining men will be going to Chiang Mai, Thailand.|
|157||9||"Week 9"||July 23, 2018||1409||5.91|
|Becca arrives in Chiang Mai to start on the overnight dates for the three men. Blake's date started a hike on the steps of the ancient temple as they ring the temple's bell until reaching through inside the temple blessed with these Buddhist monks and telling importance about honesty, patience and give a better relationship. Blake told his story to Becca on his past relationship and receives the fantasy suite invitation. Jason's date exploring landmarks in the city with Becca, especially Sunday market where they eat crickets from a street food stall. When they are strolling into the temple, Becca makes a statement about the future but then wants to take it back. During Becca's confessional she begins to question her future with Jason. During dinner, Jason tells Becca that his family approves of her. Becca is then asked how she is feeling. Becca walks away to collect her thoughts when she returns she tells Jason that his relationship with her isn't as far along as Blake and Garrent's. Jason declined the fantasy suite and was sent home, Becca begins to sob and is heartbroken that she is reminded of her past heartbreak with Arie during The Bachelor. Garrett rode on a bamboo raft into a river with Becca. Becca questions Garrett about his love life that he would be having to prepare for another engagement, he went through his worst manners, Becca gets started a conversation on Garrett and made his luck that his family loved her during the hometown date. Garrett received the fantasy suite invitation as well. The day of the rose ceremony, Jason walked to see Becca in her hotel room and she is anxiously surprised, they talk each other where he presents her a scrapbook before leaving. Garrett and Blake are receiving roses during the ceremony.|
|158||10||"The Men Tell All"||July 30, 2018||N/A||5.47|
|The seventeen eliminated men were in the audience. Several of the contestants spoke of their lives after the competition, Jordan started to make an accusation and bicker the men, Christian confronted him that stood over to give head-to-head against at each other, and insulted Kamil on his rude tenacity. Joe, who got eliminated in night one, became very popular since the show that is considered a fan favorite, he told that is still single and reacted on his social media whereabouts that fans aren't definitely telling him. He is announced that he will be on Bachelor in Paradise. Wills shows up wearing plaid suit and a red boots, that makes his fashion sense irresistible. Colton came through on his story about he spent time with Tia before The Bachelor was aired, that did not speak together since his elimination of the show and he told Chris Harrison about his virginity. Jason goes next that has a good conversation how his brother would make him a moral support with the LGBT community. Becca later joins with the men to discuss an issues to deal with, Chris talked to her about on his shocking exit in Richmond, Becca gave him an apology when the church gospel choir surprised at the audience where they sing a song. Then, bloopers is shown that the most part is guys are bumped on a chandelier a dozen times, Becca tried to catch a peacock in Las Vegas date and Harrison sees a 12-year-old girl watching Beccalection debate in Richmond, Harrison asked her to learn American history in the future.|
|159||11||"Week 10: Season 14 Finale"||August 6, 2018||1410||6.71|
|The final two contestants have an opportunity to meet with Becca's family in Villingili island in Maldives. Both men impress the family. Becca's sister points out that it feels like she has known Garrett as he is very open and welcoming. Blake charms the family as well. On the final dates, Garrett took on a boat ride with Becca around in the middle of the Indian Ocean straddling the Equator as they plunged together under the sea with dolphins, and they were expressed in the feelings as Becca and Garrett stated that are having to start a better life, wondered that her father would be a proud for him as a perfect husband. Blake surprised Becca to take a bike ride all over the island and get a dip on a beach together. When they've going around, things quite fair for Blake as he presents a gift of scrapbook to how they started in the journey. Becca's sister writes her a letter letting her know how proud she is of Becca and to follow her heart. Becca has made her decision of who would get the final rose. First out of the boat is Blake, Blake begins to tell Becca how much he loves her and wants to spend his life with her. Becca stops him and lets him know that it is over. They say their good byes; Blake then begins to cry as he is now single. When Garrett came to the beach he proposed Becca on to one knee, Becca accepts his proposal. During the proposal Becca tells Garrett that she loves him and is in love with him. The engaged couple are having a public appearance, telling on how they're doing to the next step towards to start their lives together. Garrett addressed about his offensive and insincere posts in Instagram that what he "liked" doesn't reflect who is he and realizes how this can offend someone and made his apology. Chris gives a pre-honeymoon surprise with a trip to Thailand. Before leaving, they received a free Costco business card to have their first date as an engaged couple and they also received a gift of minivan outside the studio.|
Garrett Yrigoyen Instagram likes
The show came under fire when it was revealed that Garrett Yrigoyen, who was the recipient of the "First Impression" rose and the eventual winner, had liked offensive posts on Instagram that mocked the trans community, immigrants, and liberal women, along with one post that referred to a survivor of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting as a crisis actor. Yrigoyen later apologized on Instagram for the hurt and offense that liking the posts may have caused and stated that he will be more mindful of what he likes in the future as those likes "were not a true reflection of [him] or [his morals]".
Lincoln Adim sexual misconduct charges
On June 13, 2018, the show came under more fire for allowing contestant Lincoln Adim to be on the show after he had been charged with groping and assaulting a woman on a harbor cruise ship on May 30, 2016. Adim was convicted of this crime after he had finished filming and one week before the season premiered. Adim will have to register as a sex-offender. Warner Bros., who produces the show, claims that Adim lied about facing sexual misconduct charges and that they use a third-party company to do background checks, claiming:
The report we received did not reference any incident or charge relating to the recent conviction ― or any other charges relating to sexual misconduct. We are currently investigating why the report did not contain this information, which we will share when we have it.
Colton Underwood drama
In January 2018, prior to being cast for The Bachelorette, Underwood had a brief relationship with The Bachelor season 22 contestant Tia Booth. Kufrin was made aware of the relationship early in the season but after Underwood received a hometown date, Booth came back and told Kufrin that she still had feelings. Underwood was then eliminated.
During Underwood's hometown date, he revealed to Kufrin that she was the first girl he has brought home to meet his family. This was later proven to be untrue as fans of the show found old pictures of Underwood's ex-girlfriend, Aly Raisman, at his home with his family.
After Underwood disclosed to Kufrin that he is a virgin, Wendy Williams commented on her show that she "[doesn't] trust people that have never had a drink, a smoke, and [she doesn't] trust people that have never had sex". Williams received criticism from some fans, saying she humiliated Underwood and that virgin-shaming was not okay. Underwood responded to Williams on Twitter by stating "Don’t trust a virgin, but you’ll trust your 3 baby daddies who cheat on you every weekend. Okay". The tweet was ill-received by some fans of The Bachelorette, believing it had racist and slut-shaming undertones.
- Ausiello, Michael (6 March 2018). "The Next Bachelorette Is... Becca Kufrin". TVLine. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Nahas, Aili (March 6, 2018). "And the Next Bachelorette Is..." People. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Ruiz, Steven (May 17, 2018). "2 ex-NFL players (including Aly Raisman's ex) will be on 'The Bachelorette'". USA Today. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "From doughnuts to dancing, 'The Bachelorette' films in RVA hot spots". WTVR-TV. April 10, 2018. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- "The Bachelorette". ABC Television Network. May 20, 2018. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (August 6, 2018). "The Bachelorette season finale recap: Becca chooses, stands by her man". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- Perrone, Kristen (March 15, 2018). "Who Is Blake? Becca's 'Bachelorette' Contestant Made A Great First Impression". Elite Daily. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Herbert, Geoff (May 17, 2018). "'The Bachelorette': 2 hunks from Upstate NY to compete for Becca Kufrin's heart". The Post-Standard. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (July 23, 2018). "The Bachelorette recap: Becca sends one man home before the Fantasy Suite". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 23, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (July 9, 2018). "The Bachelorette recap: Tia drops a bomb on Becca's hometown date happiness". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- Ruffini, Karen (May 17, 2018). "Here's How To Follow Becca's 'Bachelorette' Contestants, So You Can Stalk Them All". Elite Daily. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (July 9, 2018). "The Bachelorette recap: Becca enters virgin territory". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Spata, Christopher (May 22, 2018). "There's a new 'Bachelorette' contestant from St. Petersburg". The Tampa Tribune. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (July 2, 2018). "The Bachelorette recap: 'The wheels on the bus have come all the way off'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- Sullivan, Mallorie (May 18, 2018). "Cincinnati's second-ever 'Bachelorette' contestant among season 14 cast". The Enquirer– Cincinnati. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Pereira, Alyssa (May 17, 2018). "Two Bay Area suitors to attempt to woo 'The Bachelorette'". San Francisco Gate. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (June 25, 2018). "The Bachelorette recap: Things get heated in the Las Vegas desert". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- Wright, Mike (May 18, 2018). "Crystal River man looking for love on ABC's 'Bachelorette'". Citrus County Chronicle. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Marie, Rachel (May 29, 2018). "South Jersey Native is the Chicken Guy On The Bachelorette [VIDEO]". WPUR. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (June 18, 2018). "The Bachelorette recap: 'I feel so disrespected'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Newby, Jake (May 18, 2018). "Pensacola resident will be a 'Bachelorette' contestant on ABC's newest season". Pensacola News Journal. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Holland, Emily (May 18, 2018). "South Bay Banjo Player A Contestant On 'The Bachelorette'". Manhattan Beach Patch. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- Swartz, Tracy (May 17, 2018). "Some of the men competing on 'The Bachelorette' have Illinois ties". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (June 11, 2018). "The Bachelorette recap: 'Cheers to you for being a bitch'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- Ho, Rodney (May 18, 2018). "Alex Templeman, Atlanta construction manager, on 'The Bachelorette' May 28". AJC. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (June 4, 2018). "The Bachelorette week 2 recap: 'It makes me feel a little bit sick'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 4, 2018.
- Tatro, Samantha (May 25, 2018). "Two San Diegans Competing for Love on 'The Bachelorette'". 7 San Diego. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- Collins, Ashley (May 29, 2018). "Naples real estate agent earns rose from Becca on season premiere of 'The Bachelorette'". Naples Daily News. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Altmann, Alana (March 22, 2018). "Who Is Chase? 'The Bachelorette' Contestant Is Ready To Sweep Becca Off Her Feet". Elite Daily. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (May 28, 2018). "The Bachelorette season premiere recap: 'So many balls!'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- Hauer, Sarah (May 21, 2018). "A showboating former UW football player is competing for 'The Bachelorette'". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- Zafar, Mishal Ali (May 28, 2018). "Who Is Jake On 'The Bachelorette'? He And Becca Share A Past". Romper. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (September 4, 2018). "And the new star of The Bachelor is..." Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Grocery Store Joe Is 'Relieved' He's Going Home After 'DWTS' Elimination (Exclusive)". Entertainment Tonight. November 13, 2018.
- "Joe Amabile Delivers 'Sexy' Magic Mike-Esque DWTS Salsa — Featuring BiP's Jordan Kimball!". People. October 15, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (May 30, 2018). "Stanley Cup adjusts up, 'The Crossing' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (June 5, 2018). "Stanley Cup Finals Game 4 adjusts up: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (June 12, 2018). "'Elementary,' 'Supergirl,' other originals hold: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (June 19, 2018). "'The Proposal,' other originals hold, 'Whose Line' rerun adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 19, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (June 26, 2018). "'Ninja Warrior,' other originals hold, CBS reruns adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (July 3, 2018). "'Elementary,' 'The Proposal,' everything else unchanged: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (July 10, 2018). "'The Bachelorette' holds, 'The Proposal' and 'Dateline' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (July 17, 2018). "'The Proposal' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (July 23, 2018). "'American Ninja Warrior,' 'The Bachelorette,' and 'The Proposal' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (July 31, 2018). "'The Proposal' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 31, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (August 7, 2018). "'Elementary' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- "Bachelorette's Garrett Yrigoyen Under Fire for Allegedly Liking Hateful, Transphobic Memes". People. May 29, 2018.
- "The Bachelorette's Garrett Yrigoyan Apologizes For Those Nasty Insta Likes, This Is Still A Sh*tshow For The Show". Cosmopolitan. May 31, 2018.
- "'The Bachelorette' Contestant Garrett Yrigoyen Apologizes For Controversial Online Activity". Deadline. May 31, 2018.
- "Bachelorette Contestant Lincoln Adim Convicted of Assault, Battery After Groping Woman on Cruise". People. June 13, 2018.
- "'Bachelorette' Contestant Lincoln Adim Convicted Of Assault". Huffington Post. June 14, 2018.
- "Colton Underwood Joins Bachelor in Paradise — and Tia Booth Is Waiting for Him with Open Arms". People. July 17, 2018.
- "Actually, Aly Raisman Was The First Girl Colton Brought Home & Twitter Has Receipts". Romper. July 17, 2018.
- "Wendy Williams Slams 'Bachelorette's Virgin Colton, 26: I Don't Trust People Who Haven't Had Sex". Hollywood Life. July 10, 2018.
- "If Slut-Shaming Is Not OK, Neither Is Virgin-Shaming". www.dailysignal.com. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- @colt3FIVE (July 11, 2018). "Colton Underwood responds to Wendy Williams" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Let's Be Honest: Colton Underwood's Time on 'The Bachelorette' Has Been Shady AF". Life & Style. July 17, 2018.