The Bachelorette (season 6)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||12 (including 2 specials)|
|Original release||May 24 –|
August 2, 2010
The sixth season of The Bachelorette, an ABC reality television series, premiered on May 24, 2010, featuring Ali Fedotowsky dating 25 men. Fedotowsky, a contestant on the fourteenth season of The Bachelor, eliminated herself at one of Jake Pavelka's rose ceremonies because of a work-related ultimatum.
The season concluded on August 2, 2010, in which Roberto Martinez was named the winner, becoming the first Latino contestant in The Bachelorette history and became Fedotowsky's fiancé, the couple had ended the relationship on November 30, 2011.
|Roberto Martinez||26||Tampa, Florida||Insurance Agent||Winner||1|
|Chris Lambton||33||Dennis, Massachusetts||Landscaper||Runner-up||2|
|Frank Neuschaefer||31||Bartlett, Illinois||Retail Manager||Week 9||3 (quit)|
|Kirk DeWindt||27||Green Bay, Wisconsin||Sales Consultant||Week 8||4|
|Tyrone "Ty" Brown||31||Booneville, Mississippi||Medical Sales||Week 7||5|
|Craig Robinson||27||Langhorne, Pennsylvania||Lawyer||Week 6||6|
|Justin Rego||26||Toronto, Ontario||Entertainment Wrestler||7 (DQ)|
|Chris Nordhorn||29||Winter Park, Florida||Entrepreneur||Week 5||8|
|Kasey Kahl||27||Fresno, California||Advertising Account Executive||9|
|Jesse Beck||24||Peculiar, Missouri||General Contractor||Week 4||10–11|
|Jonathan Novack||30||Boston, Massachusetts||Weatherman|
|John Crivello||32||Mukilteo, Washington||Hotel Business Development||Week 3||12–13|
|Steve Kocsis||28||Chesterland, Ohio||Sales Representative|
|Hunter Wagner||28||Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas||Internet Account Executive||14|
|Chris Hasek-Watt||27||Campbell River, British Columbia||Real Estate Developer||Week 2||15–17|
|Craig McKinnon||34||Sarnia, Ontario||Dental Sales|
|Tyler Vermette||25||Chelsea, Vermont||Online Advertising|
|Derek||28||Warren, Michigan||Sales Manager||Week 1||18–25|
|Derrick Schuster||27||Manhattan Beach, California||Construction Engineer|
|Jason Whitehead||27||Johnson City, Tennessee||Construction Consultant|
|Jason "Jay" Resmini||29||Barrington, Rhode Island||Lawyer|
|John Nichols||27||Wichita, Kansas||Engineering Software Sales|
|Kyle Higgins||26||Highlands Ranch, Colorado||Outdoorsman|
|Phil Kayden||30||Elmore, Ohio||Investment Manager|
|Tyler Morrow||25||Helena, Montana||Catering Manager|
Craig McKinnon, Jesse Beck, and Jonathan Novack returned for the first season of Bachelor Pad. McKinnon was eliminated during week 2, and Novack during week 3. Beck and his partner, Peyton Wright, were eliminated at the end of week 5, finishing in 4th place.
Justin Rego, Kasey Kahl, and Kirk DeWindt returned for the second season of Bachelor Pad. Rego was eliminated during week 1. DeWindt and his partner, Ella Nolan, were eliminated at the beginning of week 6, finishing in 4th place. Kahl and his partner, Vienna Girardi, were eliminated at the end of week 6, finishing in 3rd place.
Bachelor in Paradise
|1||Chris H.||Roberto||Frank||Roberto||Chris L.||Kirk||Ty||Chris L.||Roberto||Chris L.
|2||Jesse||Justin||Ty||Kirk||Kirk||Ty||Frank||Frank||Chris L.||Chris L.|
|3||Chris L.||Jesse||Jesse||Chris L.||Frank||Justin||Roberto||Roberto||Frank||Frank[a]|
|4||Ty||Ty||Kasey||Jesse||Craig R.||Frank||Chris L.||Kirk||Kirk|
|5||Frank||Craig R.||Hunter||Chris N.||Chris N.||Chris L.||Kirk||Ty|
|6||Justin||Tyler V.||Roberto||Ty||Roberto||Roberto||Craig R.|
|7||Jay||Frank||Chris L.||Kasey||Justin||Craig R.||Justin[b]|
|11||Roberto||John C.||John C.||Justin|
|12||Craig M.||Chris N.||Craig R.||John C.
|13||John N.||Chris H.||Chris N.|
|15||John C.||Craig M.||Chris H.
- The contestant received the first impression rose.
- The contestant was voted off by the other contestants but got a rose instead.
- The contestant received a rose during a date.
- The contestant was eliminated.
- The contestant was eliminated during a date.
- The contestant was disqualified from the show.
- The contestant received the final rose of the show.
- In episode 9, Frank removed himself from the competition after being still in love with his girlfriend back at home. As a result, neither a contestant was sent home.
- In episode 6, Justin removed himself from the competition after it was discovered that he was still in love with his girlfriend back at home.
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|49||1||"Week 1"||May 24, 2010||601||9.08||2.8/8|
|There were no dates during the first week. Roberto received the first impression rose, while Justin was cast by a vote-off and got a rose instead. Derrick, Derek, Jason, Jay, John N., Kyle, Phil and Tyler M. were all sent home in the first rose ceremony.|
|50||2||"Week 2"||May 31, 2010||602||7.64||2.5/7|
One-on-one Date: Frank. Frank and Ali took off in a vintage convertible. The car broke down on the freeway but they still made it to Hollywood Boulevard where they encountered paparazzi and fans. They posed for photos before heading up into the hills to have a picnic at the "Hollywood" sign. He received a rose.
Group Date: Ty, Jonathan, Chris H-Watt., Kirk, Hunter, Tyler V., Steve, Craig R., Chris N., Kasey, Craig M., and Justin. Ali took the guys to Malibu Beach to do a photo shoot for a "celebrity" calendar charity project. They posed in swimsuits and Jonathan and Craig R. wore Speedo suits. Ty played his guitar and sang a song to Ali. He got the rose.
One-on-one Date: Jesse. Ali and Jesse flew in a private jet to Las Vegas, Nevada, for a fancy dinner and private concert with Jamie Callum, one of Ali's favorite artists. He received a rose.Cocktail Party: Jonathan and Craig M. continued their bickering about who is the better match for Ali.
|51||3||"Week 3"||June 7, 2010||603||7.91||2.6/8|
One-on-one Date: Roberto. Ali and Roberto go on a helicopter ride over Los Angeles and land on the roof of a 20-story building. Ali, who is afraid of both flying and heights, wanted to overcome these fears with Roberto. While walking across a high wire strung to an adjacent building, Ali and Roberto stop and share a romantic kiss. After dinner, Ali and Roberto cuddle in the candlelight.
Group Date: John C., Chris N., Kirk, Jonathon, Evan, Jesse, Frank, Justin, and Chris L. Ali took the guys to hear the Barenaked Ladies perform and the guys have a chance to be in their new video. Each guy is paired with Ali for a scene in the video. Kirk and Chris L. starred in particularly romantic scenes. They end the day with a swim in a rooftop pool. Kirk kisses Ali in the pool and gets the rose.
One-on-one Date: Hunter. Ali and Hunter have a casual barbecue in her backyard. Ali does not give him a rose and Hunter goes home.Cocktail Party & Rose Ceremony: Steve set up a date in the front of the mansion for him and Ali. Justin walked in on all the guys talking about him and got upset. Ali tells Roberto that Justin visited her at her house and he tells the guys. Ty and Kasey confront him about it and they all get into an argument. John C and Steve go home.
|52||4||"Week 4"||June 14, 2010||604||8.41||2.6/8|
One-on-one Date: Kasey. Kasey and Ali took a helicopter tour of New York City and stopped at American Museum of Natural History. Later, after his date with Ali, Kasey got a tattoo on his forearm to represent his commitment to Ali.
Group Date: Jesse, Kirk, Craig R., Roberto, Jonathan, Ty and Frank. They traveled to Times Square where they saw an electronic billboard message referring to the concrete jungle. They auditioned for the musical play, The Lion King.Roberto won the right to perform with Ali and dance on the stage.
One-on-one Date: Chris L. Chris L. and Ali went to a private concert featuring Joshua Radin along with the Harlem Boys choir. He received a rose.
|53||5||"Week 5"||June 21, 2010||605||8.26||2.7/9|
One-on-one Date: Kirk. Prior to the start of the date, the remaining bachelors wrote a love poem in Icelandic and only one of them would be chosen for the date. Kirk was chosen, and he and Ali picked up matching fair isle sweaters. He got the rose for second time in a row.
Group Date: Frank, Evan, Chris L., Craig R., Ty and Roberto. They met Ali on a cave for a horse ride on a hill and spelunking. Then, they were all invited to Blue Lagoon for a dip. Ty got the rose.
Two-on-one Date: Kasey and Justin. The day before the date, Justin went to the local hospital to remove a cast on his left foot. They flew to Eyjafjallajökull volcano and all the way to the glacier. Kasey finally showed Ali his tattoo. Justin got the rose and Kasey was sent home. (The volcano would erupt few days later.)
|54||6||"Week 6"||June 28, 2010||606||9.77||3.2/9|
Prologue: When the seven remaining bachelors arrived in Turkey, Chris Harrison visited Ali in her hotel room and called Jessie Sulidis, Ali's castmate from Jake's season of The Bachelor. Jessie told Ali that Justin had a girlfriend back in his hometown. Ali was really upset to learn about Justin's behavior and he left the show. During "The Men Tell All" episode, it was revealed Justin had a girlfriend at home and they are remain close. This was confirmed by Jessie before the filming of The Bachelorette began.
One-on-one Date: Ty. Ty and Ali went to a bathhouse for a relaxing day. They ate dinner in a park while listening to Turkish music. He received the rose.
Group Date: Craig R., Chris L., Roberto and Kirk. They took part in an oil wrestling on Rumeli Fortress with professional oil wrestlers. The fight began with Chris L. vs. Craig R. and Kirk vs. Roberto for the first round; the final round was Craig R. vs. Roberto. Craig R. won the match and got to spend time with Ali. They went out on a boat to an island on the Bosphorus strait and watched fireworks.
|55||7||"Week 7"||July 5, 2010||607||9.14||2.8/8|
One-on-one Date: Roberto. Roberto and Ali tour the entire city of Lisbon.
Two-on-one Date: Ty and Frank. Ty, Frank, and Ali went for a helicopter ride and toured a medieval castle.
One-on-one Date: Kirk. Kirk and Ali rode a horse and carriage to a castle.
One-on-one Date: Chris L. Chris L. and Ali took a moped ride and went to a winery on the outskirts of Lisbon.
|56||8||"Week 8"||July 12, 2010||608||9.64||3.1/9|
Roberto and Ali traveled to a baseball stadium in his hometown of Tampa, Florida. Roberto showed her his baseball card from when he was a star player in High School.
Chris L. took Ali on a beach and brought his dog.
Kirk showed Ali his dad's animal collection.
Frank and Ali took a boat tour of the city.
Roberto received the first rose, followed by Chris L. Frank and Kirk were in the bottom two. Kirk was eliminated and Frank received the last rose.
|57||9||"Week 9"||July 19, 2010||609||10.07||3.4/10|
Before they left for Tahiti, Frank went back to Chicago to visit his former girlfriend. He thinks that he may still in love with his ex.
Ali and the three men arrived in Tahiti. Roberto and Ali went to a heart-shaped island for their date. Roberto and Ali kissed and appeared to have a strong connection. Chris L. and Ali went sailing, where he reveals he hasn't dated since his mother's death. Frank told Chris Harrison about his ex-girlfriend and declared that he is now in love with her. Ali came to Frank's villa and they talked about his feelings for his ex-girlfriend. He left before the rose ceremony, leaving Ali heartbroken in tears.
A rose ceremony was still held, however, and Ali, who went barefoot, gave roses to Roberto and Chris L.
|58||10||"The Men Tell All"||July 26, 2010||N/A||8.87||2.9/9|
|59||11||"Week 10"||August 2, 2010||610||11.73||3.8/11|
Final Dates and Final Rose Ceremony
Ali introduced the two men to her family in Bora Bora. Roberto taught Ali's mom salsa dancing and Spanish language. Then, he asked Ali's dad to give him permission to marry Ali. Chris L. also had a close connection with Ali's family and they had a lot in common as they are both from Massachusetts.
Ali and Roberto went on a date. They jet-skied on a lagoon and spent a night at a beach house (dubbed as "Mi Casa" by Roberto). The day before the rose ceremony, Ali told Chris L. that she fell in love more with Roberto than she did with him. Chris L. was heartbroken and sad, although later he praised Ali for her kindness in sending him home first and sparing him future heartbreak. Chris felt more assured after watching a rainbow appear before him symbolizing his mother congratulating him in spirit. At the rose ceremony, Roberto declared that he was in love with Ali and proposed to her. Ali said yes.
|60||12||"After the Final Rose"||August 2, 2010||N/A||11.32||3.8/11|
|This special episode aired right after the finale. Ali recaps the season finale in Tahiti, including Frank's dramatic exit on his relationship back at home. Frank was supposed to come on the show, but did not come last minute. Ali and Chris L. reunite since Chris L.'s emotional leave before the rose ceremony, and the two have talked while Chris L. has not given up on his relationship with Ali. Roberto talked with Chris Harrison on his post-engagement with Ali and the couple discussed their post-show plans, including their move to San Diego which Roberto could start on his life and his new job there. At the end of the special episode, they were given a helicopter ride to Catalina Island for a pre-honeymoon vacation.|
After Ali and Roberto broke up, Ali and Frank reconnected and had one night together.
- "Meet the 25 Men After Bachelorette Ali's Heart". FOXNews.com. 2010-05-12. Archived from the original on 2010-05-16. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "Ali Fedotowsky: Bio". ABC. Archived from the original on 2010-05-17. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "'The Bachelorette' Season 6 Begins Tonight!". OK! Magazine. 2010-05-24. Archived from the original on 2010-05-30. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- "Ali Fedotowsky explains breakup with Roberto Martinez and whether shes dating again". Access Hollywood. April 11, 2012. Archived from the original on June 26, 2014. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Real life". Boston.com. December 23, 2010. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "Bachelorette suitor Frank Neuschaefer dumps Ali Fedotowsky for ex". Reality TV World.com. July 20, 2010. Archived from the original on September 20, 2014. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- "'The Bachelorette's' Kirk DeWindt Dating Ali's Former Rival". People. July 23, 2010. Archived from the original on January 6, 2014. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- Carlson, Meghan (July 9, 2010). "'Bachelorette' Reject Ty Brown: Chris is the Best Fit for Ali". Buddy TV. Archived from the original on September 19, 2015. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Meet This Season's Lawyers from The Bachelorette". Abovethelaw.com. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original on 2010-06-05. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Hacker, Nick (June 29, 2010). "The Bachelorette: Justin has two girlfriends, Ali is ready to wrestle". True Jersey. Archived from the original on March 2, 2017. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Chris Nordhorn @ Reality TV World". Reality TV World. Archived from the original on 2019-01-08. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Handout. "Chris Nordhorn of Winter Park - 'The Bachelorette'". southflorida.com. Archived from the original on 2019-01-08. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "Chris Nordhorn". IMDb. Archived from the original on 2017-02-18. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "The Bachelorette's Craig M. 'Wasn't Interested' In Ali". People Magazine. 2010-06-04. Archived from the original on 2010-06-05. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- "Ousted 'Bachelorette' suitor Kyle Higgins: Justin was lying all the time". Reality TV World. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original on 2010-05-30. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- "Full-length shot of The Bachelorette Season 6's Phil Kayden". starcasm.net. 2010-05-13. Archived from the original on 2010-05-25. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Gorman, Bill (June 2, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: American Idol, Big Bang Theory, Two And A Half Men Top 18-49 Rating". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on May 15, 2013. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Gorman, Bill (June 8, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: NBA Finals & Everybody Else, Glee Leads Scripted 18-49". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on September 27, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Gorman, Bill (June 15, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: NBA Finals Top Ratings Ranks, Glee Finale Leads Scripted". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on September 27, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Gorman, Bill (June 22, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: NBA Finals On Top, Lie To Me Sole Scripted Original". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on November 3, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Gorman, Bill (June 29, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: America's Got Talent, Wipeout, Hell's Kitchen Crowd The Top Of Week's Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on September 29, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- "Bachelorette's Justin: Watching Men Tell All Made Me Sick". People. July 27, 2010. Retrieved December 7, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (July 7, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: America's Got Talent, Bachelorette, Wipeout, Hell's Kitchen Top The Rankings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 22, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Gorman, Bill (July 13, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: America's Got Talent, Hell's Kitchen, Wipeout, Bachelorette Lead Week's Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on January 15, 2013. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Seidman, Robert (July 20, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: All-Star Game, America's Got Talent Lead Week's Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Fedotowsky, Ali (July 20, 2010). "Ali's Bachelorette Blog: Heartbreak In Tahiti". People. Archived from the original on May 13, 2018. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 27, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: The Bachelorette, Hell's Kitchen, America's Got Talent & NCIS Lead Week's Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 26, 2013. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Seidman, Robert (August 3, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: Hell's Kitchen, The Bachelorette, MasterChef, America's Got Talent & NCIS Lead Week's Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on February 22, 2014. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Seidman, Robert (August 10, 2010). "TV Ratings Top 25: The Bachelorette Finale & NFL Preseason Lead Week's Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 23, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Ward, Kate (2011-11-21). "'Bachelorette' break-up: Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez part ways". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on 2011-12-14. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- Rizzo, Monica (2011-11-21). "Ali Fedotowsky & Roberto Martinez Split". People. Archived from the original on 2011-12-09. Retrieved 2011-12-07.