The Baldwin Brothers
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Baldwin Brothers
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Genres||Electronica, jazz, pop music|
|Past members||Jimmy Deer|
The Baldwin Brothers are an American, Chicago-based lounge/electronica duo, composed of Jason Hinkle and TJ Widner. The two met in junior-high school and have been composing electronic dance, pop and jazz music since 1983. The band signed with TVT Records in 2001 and are now represented by The Orchard (music label)  after their buyout of TVT's music catalog. Their first full album, Cooking With Lasers was produced by Dave Trumfio and The Baldwin Brothers and was released in 2002. The track "Funky Junkyard" was featured in Warren Miller's 2002 feature "Storm."  "Urban Tumbleweed" which features rapper Barron Ricks of Cypress Hill on vocals, was featured in the video game Amplitude for PlayStation 2. An early version of the song "The Bionic Jam" was also used in the PS2 game ATV Offroad Fury 2 under the title "8 Cylinder Jam". Their single "Dream Girl" features guest vocals by Miho Hatori (of Cibo Matto) and was featured on a CD produced & distributed by American Eagle Outfitters. A 12" vinyl single of "Dream Girl" was released on February 2002 and included a remix of the song by Vancouver, BC based house artist Pilgrims Of The Mind. "Ether" features guest vocals by Geri Soriano-Lightwood of Supreme Beings of Leisure and "Deep Down" features guest vocals by Angie Hart of Frente!.
Their second album, Return of the Golden Rhodes, was released on October 10, 2006. The album was also produced by Dave Trumfio and The Baldwin Brothers and includes musical contributions from Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees/Mad Season/Queens Of The Stone Age), Sarai (rapper), Justin Porée of Ozomatli, Lisa Kekaula of The Bellrays, David Randall (AKA The Wrekked Train) of Lo Fidelity Allstars and Julio Davis of The J. Davis Trio.
- Two Soft Spoken Geniuses (1986) (limited release, audio-cassette only)
- Cooking with Lasers (2002)
- Return of the Golden Rhodes (2006)
- 1000 Years of Hits (2000) - live promo
- TVT 3381 (2001) - promo
- Funk Shui EP (2001) - EP
- Dream Girl (2002) - Single
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-04. Retrieved 2009-12-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The Baldwin Brothers". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2020-03-17.
- "PlayStation® Official Site - PlayStation Console, Games, Accessories - PlayStation". Us.playstation.com. Retrieved 2020-03-17.
- "ATV Offroad Fury 2 Soundtrack - IGN". Ps2.ign.com. Retrieved 2020-03-17.
- "The Return of the Golden Rhodes - The Baldwin Brothers | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2020-03-17.
- "Justin "El Niño" Porée | Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2020-03-17.
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Allmusic Bio
- Allmusic Review of Cooking With Lasers
- Allmusic Review of Return of The Golden Rhodes
- Baldwin Brothers article on MixMatters
- Review of Cooking With Lasers at Pop Matters
- Baldwin Brothers article in CMJ New Music Monthly
- Interview in Daily Eastern News
- "Dream Girl" video
- "Matter Of Time" video
- "Reservoir Media (Publisher) Band Profile"