The Beacon Herald
|Headquarters||16 Packham Road, Stratford ON|
|Circulation||The Beacon Herald and Marketplace combined 25,000|
The paper was established in 1923 from the merger of two local papers, the Stratford Beacon Weekly (c.1855 and daily after 1887) and Stratford Weekly Herald (c.1863 and daily after 1887).
The paper is the survivor of several other papers in Stratford:
- Stratford Mirror 1920s to 1940s
- Stratford Times 1964 to 1976
- Stratford Weekly News 1979 to 1980
Other local media outlets in Stratford include:
- "Stratford Beacon Herald". Search.informationperth.ca. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- Templates in Time. "Perth County, Ontario GenWeb". Rootsweb.ancestry.com. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "Sun Media to buy Stratford Beacon Herald - Business - CBC News". Cbc.ca. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
|This article about a Canadian newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|