The Beanstalk Group
|Subsidiary of Omnicom|
|Headquarters||New York, United States|
Allison Ames, CEO and PresidentMichael Stone, Chairman
The Beanstalk Group (Beanstalk) is a global brand extension licensing agency and consultancy headquartered in New York City, with offices in London, Miami, and Cincinnati, and affiliates in Asia, India, Latin America, and Australia. The company has about 75 employees.
Michael S. Stone and Seth Siegel co-founded the company in 1991. It was purchased by Ford Motor Company in June 2001, and then sold it to Omnicom Group in October 2005. The company is now a part of the Diversified Agency Services (DAS) division of Omnicom Group. In December 2010, Nancy Bailey & Associates was acquired by the company.
Stone was president and chief executive officer of Beanstalk from 2006 until 2015. In 2006 Siegel assumed the position of vice chairman. In November 2015, Stone became chairman and Allison Ames was appointed as chief executive officer, as well as retaining her position as president.
In 2015 Beanstalk was ranked No. 5 in the 2015 Top 35 Global Licensing Agents listing by licensemag.com.
The company is a member of the Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association (LIMA). It sells brand representation, manufacturer representation, retail partnership management, creative services, approvals management, consumer research, legal and financial services and royalty auditing, and has worked with Harley-Davidson, The Coca-Cola Company, AT&T, Ford Motor Company, Jaguar, Land Rover, Stanley Black & Decker, Procter & Gamble, HGTV, the U.S. Army, and Mary-Kate and Ashley.
Beanstalk has two additional divisions.
- Tinderbox is the digital division that works with gaming and new media properties to extend into consumer products.
- Blueprint - Powered by Beanstalk is the consulting division that advises brand owners, retailers and manufacturers on how to evolve and optimize their brands through customized and commercially viable brand development and extension strategies.
- "Hoover's, The Beanstalk Group, LLC Company Profile". Hoovers.com. 21 October 2010. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association, The Beanstalk Group, LLC Archived 19 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Brandweek, "Ford Acquires Beanstalk Group"[dead link]
- "AdWeek, "Omnicom's DAS Acquires The Beanstalk Group"". Allbusiness.com. 20 October 2005. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- Hakim, Danny (21 October 2005). "New York Times, "Ford Reports a Loss and Expects 'Significant Plant Closings'"". The New York Times. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "Beanstalk Appoints Allison Ames as CEO". November 2, 2015.
- "Beanstalk Names New CEO | License! Global". www.licensemag.com. Retrieved 2016-03-17.
- "Top 35 Global Licensing Agents | License! Global". www.licensemag.com. Retrieved 2016-03-17.
- Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association, Agents and Consultants Listing Archived 3 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Building Global Brand Extension Licensing Programs | Beanstalk | Beanstalk". www.beanstalk.com. Retrieved 2016-03-17.
- Advertising Age, "Has licensing's time come? It has for Mustang, Stanley"[dead link]
- "License! Global, "USCPG Taps Beanstalk for Licensing Initiatives"". Licensemag.com. 25 May 2007. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "Tinderbox | Beanstalk". www.beanstalk.com. Retrieved 2016-03-17.
- "A Global Brand Extension Strategy Consultancy | Blueprint | Beanstalk". www.beanstalk.com. Retrieved 2016-03-17.