The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily (film)
|The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily|
|Directed by||Lorenzo Mattotti|
|Produced by||Valérie Schermann|
|Screenplay by||Jean-Luc Fromental|
|Based on||The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily by Dino Buzzati|
Prima Linea Productions
|Budget||€ 11 million|
The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily (French: La fameuse invasion des ours en Sicile; Italian: La famosa invasione degli orsi in Sicilia) is an upcoming French-Italian animated film directed by Lorenzo Mattotti. It is based on the children's book The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily by Dino Buzzati. It was selected to be screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival.
|Character||French Voice||Italian Voice|
|Leonzio||Thierry Hancisse||Toni Servillo|
|Gedeone||Thomas Bidegain||Antonio Albanese|
|Almerina||Leïla Bekhti||Linda Caridi|
|Salpetre||Jacky Nercessian||Corrado Guzzanti|
|Old Bear||Jean-Claude Carrière||Andrea Camilleri|
The film is produced by the French company Prima Linea Productions. It is co-produced with Pathé and France 3 Cinéma in France and Indigo Films and Rai Cinema in Italy. It has a budget of eleven million euro. It received financial support from Canal+ and the CNC. It received 375,000 euro from the Ile-de-France region's Support Fund for Film and Audiovisual Technical Industries. The project also won the Gan Foundation's Special Prize for 2016.
The visual style is inspired by Buzzati's illustrations but also independent from the original book. The landscapes are inspired by real Mediterranean landscapes with liberties taken in order to create a fairytale-like atmosphere. Mattotti's ambition was to create a timeless visual style so that people who view the film in the future will not be able to see when it was made.
The film was in production in November 2016. In a November 2016 interview, Mattotti expected it to be released in two or three years.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 100% based on 1 review. Oneofus.net called the movie an "charming experience" and "refreshingly different" giving the adults a strong recommendation to take children see it. 
- "The Screenings Guide 2019". May 9, 2019. Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- "In arrivo un cartoon sul racconto di Buzzati 'La famosa Invasione degli Orsi in Sicilia'". La Stampa (in Italian). Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "Quentin Tarantino, Abdellatif Kechiche and Gaspar Noé join Cannes line-up". ScreenDaily. Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- Santini, Gino (2018-06-18). "Mattotti porta al cinema gli orsi di Buzzati. Grazie alla Francia". Bookciak Magazine (in Italian). Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- Lemercier, Fabien (2016-11-30). "The Nature of Time supported by the Gan Foundation". Cineuropa. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Lemercier, Fabien (2016-11-11). "The Ile-de-France region backs Mathieu Amalric's Barbara". Cineuropa. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Borg, Max (2018-06-13). "The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily, Mattotti's animation debut". Cinecittà News. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- Mezzena Lona, Alessandro (2016-11-16). "'Io, Lorenzo Mattotti disegno in libertà e sogno Dino Buzzati'". Il Piccolo (in Italian). Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily (La fameuse invasion des Ours en Sicile) (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved May 22, 2019.
- The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily on IMDb
- The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily at Rotten Tomatoes
- Official website
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|