The Beast (2001 TV series)
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2013)|
For the A&E series with Patrick Swayze, see The Beast (2009 TV series)
|Created by||Kario Salem|
|Written by||Doug Palau
|Directed by||Lou Antonio
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Brian Grazer
|Running time||48 mins. (approx)|
|Production company(s)||Imagine Television
|Original release||June 13, 2001– July 25, 2001|
The series stars Elizabeth Mitchell as Alice Allenby, a New York journalist who takes a job at World News Service, a Los Angeles based 24-hour cable news television station. Supporting cast members include Jason Gedrick as news anchor Resse McFadden and Frank Langella as Jackson Burns, the owner of World News Service.
- Elizabeth Mitchell as Alice Allenby, a reporter from New York who began working at WNS in the pilot. She became a celebrity after her first story and the public and Jackson viewed her as an on-screen beauty and was often complimented on her good looks.
- Jason Gedrick as Reese McFadden, the main anchor for WNS who made the job his own.
- Frank Langella as Jackson Burns, The owner of WNS and lover of Sonia. He created the channel and treated everyone like who worked for WNS like his family, especially Alice, who he felt he needed to protect.
- Naveen Andrews as Timir Naipaul, worked for WNS as a camera man and other things. He named the show the beast and that became the nickname for it by everyone.
- Wendy Crewson as Maggie Steech, works for Jackson and has a desire to have a child but she finds out she cannot have children.
- April Grace as Sonia, A reporter for WNS and lover of Jackson.
- Peter Riegert as Ted Fisher, Works for Jackson and has anger issues. He has been fired from every other broadcasting station in the country.
- Harriet Sansom Harris as Mrs. Sweeney, Jackson's assistant and the mother of WNS.
- Kario Salem as Harry, The eyes of WNS. He watches everyone and decides what is aired on the web and, when there's nothing else to put on, the TV.
|Episode #||Episode title||Original airdate|
|1-1||"The Price"||June 13, 2001|
|1-2||"The Damage Done"||June 20, 2001|
|1-3||"The Delivery"||June 27, 2001|
|1-4||"Travinia ... Gently Down the Stream"||July 11, 2001|
|1-5||"Travinia ... Life Is But a Dream"||July 18, 2001|
|1-6||"Functional Family"||July 25, 2001|
- The Beast at the Internet Movie Database
- The Beast at TV.com
- The Beast at epguides.com
- Review of the series at usatoday.com