The Beauty Inside (2012 film)
|The Beauty Inside|
|Written by||Richard Greenberg|
|Directed by||Drake Doremus|
Mary Elizabeth Winstead|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Production company(s)||B-Reel Films|
The Beauty Inside is a 2012 social internet series developed by Intel and Toshiba, Directed by Drake Doremus, written by Richard Greenberg, and starring Topher Grace, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Matthew Gray Gubler.
The series is broken up into six filmed episodes interspersed with interactive storytelling that all takes place on the main character's Facebook timeline. It's Hollywood's first social film that gives everyone in the audience a chance to play the lead role throughout the story.
The Beauty Inside garnered 70 millions views, won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approach to an Original Daytime Program or Series, the Grand Prix at the Cannes Lions Festival, two Webby Awards, and the Best Film/TV Award at the SXSW Interactive Awards.
Every day Alex wakes up, he wakes up in a completely different body. He's the same person on the inside, but on the outside he's always someone new. And it's been happening for as long as he can remember. He shares his story through filmed episodes and real-time conversations with the audience. Audience members play Alex throughout the experience, both in filmed episodes and on his Facebook timeline, via photos and videos, adding to his narrative every step of the way.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Leah
- Topher Grace as Alex's inner monologue
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Alex #26
- Caitriona Balfe as Alex #34
- Anna Akana as Alex #29
- Steve Zissis as Alex #32
- Jordan Masterson as Alex #14
- Keeley Hazell as Alex #26
- Oliver Muirhead as Alex #23
- Eric Edelstein as Alex #29
- "DIRECTOR DRAKE DOREMUS SEEKS "THE BEAUTY INSIDE" FOR TOSHIBA AND INTEL". Fast Company.
- "Another Social Film Experience". Creativity Online.
- "Topher Grace to Star in Intel and Toshiba's Social FIlm". Mashable.
- "INTEL AND TOSHIBA TEAM UP FOR SECOND SOCIAL FILM PROJECT, "THE BEAUTY INSIDE"". AdAge.
- "'Beauty Inside' wins Daytime Emmy". Retrieved 2017-06-25.
- "Pereira & O'Dell's 'The Beauty Inside' Picks Up 2 More Grand Prix—in Film and Branded Content". Retrieved 2017-06-25.
- "SXSW Interactive Awards Announced". Retrieved 2017-06-25.
- "The Beauty Inside | The Webby Awards". Retrieved 2017-06-25.
- "Toshiba | Pereira & O'Dell | The Beauty Inside | WE LOVE AD". www.welovead.com. Retrieved 2017-06-25.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (January 27, 2017). "Fox 2000 Wins $2M Pitch Deal For 'The Beauty Inside'; 'GoT's Emilia Clarke To Star". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 28, 2017.