The Bell Game
The Bell Game is a yearly football contest between two Pueblo, Colorado high schools: Central High School and Centennial High School. They have been playing each other since 1892 2016 will be the 116th year of the bell game in what is touted as the oldest football rivalry west of the Mississippi River and the largest sports event of its kind in Colorado. The rivalry is sometimes referred to as the "One Hundred Year War". Since the mid-1950s the teams have played to gain ownership of the trophy Bell and get to paint it their respective colors and host in their school for sporting events and school activities.
- "100 years of Cats, Dogs". Pueblo Chieftain. Pueblo Chieftain. 1992-09-29. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- Frei, Terry (2010-10-16). Playing Piano in a Brothel. Taylor Trade Publishing. p. 67.
- "FOR 100TH TIME, PUEBLO'S BELL GAME TO RING IN". Rocky Prep. High Beam. 12/10/2000. Retrieved 10 July 2014. Check date values in:
- Lipsher, Steve (October 17, 1993; Page 7C). "THE BELL GAME". Denver Post. Retrieved 12 January 2010. Check date values in:
- Socier, Dave (1995-10-13). "THE BELL GAME: The battle of the Bell". Pueblo Chieftain. Retrieved 10 July 2014.