The Best (PlayStation)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Best, stylized as the Best, is a Sony PlayStation budget range in Japan and parts of Asia. Similar budget ranges include Greatest Hits in North America, Essentials in PAL regions and BigHit Series in Korea.
For the PlayStation, The Best was followed by PS one Books when the PS one was released in 2001. These games were top selling popular titles that were made available again in a low-priced version under this new label. Games released under the PS one Books label did not come in standard jewel cases like other PlayStation games, but instead came packaged in slim jewel cases. The games' instruction booklets were typically placed outside of the case, with both booklet and case sealed in plastic packaging. The software contained on the discs was usually the original retail game, however bug fixes were applied for a few titles. PS one Books titles were still being released until late 2006.
The Best for Family
PS one Books
- PlayStation 3 the Best
- "アーマード・コア 4 (The Best Collection) - PS3" – via Amazon.
- "Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu Release Information for PlayStation - GameFAQs". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "ロックマン X3 PlayStation® the Best for Family - ソフトウェアカタログ - プレイステーション® オフィシャルサイト". www.jp.playstation.com.
- Official PlayStation the Best & Best for Family list (Japanese)
- Official PS one Books list (Japanese)
- Official PS one Books list from 2001-2002 (Japanese)
- Official PlayStation 2 the Best list (Japanese)
- Official PSP the Best list (Japanese)
- Official PlayStation 3 the Best list (Japanese)
- Official PlayStation Vita the Best (Japanese)
- PlayStation 4 Greatest Hits list (English)