The Best of Peter, Paul and Mary: Ten Years Together
|The Best of Peter, Paul, and Mary: Ten Years Together|
|Greatest hits album by|
|Producer||Albert P. Grossman, Milton Okun|
|Peter, Paul, and Mary chronology|
The album includes all of their greatest hits, including their only #1 hit "Leaving On A Jet Plane", "If I Had a Hammer", and their versions of the Bob Dylan songs "Blowin' in the Wind", "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right," and "Too Much of Nothing," along with others. The thirteen cuts were taken from the trio's 1962 debut album, Peter, Paul and Mary (Lemon Tree, 500 Miles, If I Had a Hammer), and their follow-up albums: In the Wind (1963) (Blowin' in the Wind, Stewball, Don't Think Twice), Album 1700 (1967) (I Dig Rock and Roll Music, Leaving on a Jet Plane), (Moving) (1963) (Puff), A Song Will Rise (1965) (For Lovin' Me), See What Tomorrow Brings (1965) (Early Mornin' Rain), Late Again (1968) (Too Much of Nothing), and Peter, Paul and Mommy (1969) (Day Is Done).
Ten Years Together was released on Warner Brothers Label 2552 in 1970, with cover art by Milton Glaser. Due to the trio's 1970 breakup, this would be their last album together until 1978's Reunion album. AllMusic's Bruce Eder praises this compilation as a close cross-section of PP&M's eclectic sound, nicely highlighting the group's evolution during the prior decade  from the acoustic folk sound that helped popularize several early Dylan compositions, to their later use of electric guitar and drums on hits like Too Much of Nothin' — another Dylan contribution, but from his later sound, composed in 1967, but not released by Dylan himself until 1975.
- Side 1
- "Blowin' in the Wind", (Bob Dylan) – 2:58
- "Too Much of Nothing" (Bob Dylan) – 2:32
- "Lemon Tree" (Will Holt) – 2:52
- "Stewball" (Elena Mezzetti-Stookey-Okun-Travers) – 3:09
- "500 Miles" (Hedy West) – 2:55
- "I Dig Rock and Roll Music" (Stookey-James Mason-Dave Dixon) – 2:31
- "If I Had a Hammer (The Hammer Song)" (Pete Seeger-Lee Hayes) - 2:05
- Side 2
- "Early Morning Rain" (Gordon Lightfoot) - 3:13
- "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (John Denver) – 3:27
- "Puff (The Magic Dragon)" (Peter Yarrow-Leonard Lipton) – 3:25
- "For Lovin' Me" (Gordon Lightfoot) – 2:08
- "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" (Bob Dylan) – 3:12
- "Day Is Done" (Peter Yarrow) – 3:22
- Eder, Bruce. "Ten Years Together". www.allMusic.com. Retrieved 11 July 2012.