The Best of Woodstock
|The Best of Woodstock|
|Live album by |
|Released||June 21, 1994|
|Recorded||August 15, 16, & 17, 1969 at Woodstock Festival, Bethel, NY|
|Woodstock albums chronology|
The Best of Woodstock is a 1-CD live compilation album of the 1969 Woodstock Festival in Bethel, New York. Its release marked the 25th Anniversary of the festival. It contains tracks which were already released on the original Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More album. Shortly after the album's release, Atlantic Records released a much longer 4-CD box set entitled Woodstock: Three Days of Peace and Music, which contained tracks from the original album, Woodstock 2, and numerous additional, previously-unreleased performances from the festival, but not the stage announcements and crowd noises.
- "I Had a Dream"
- Track 1 performed by John B. Sebastian.
- "Going Up the Country"
- Track 2 performed by Canned Heat.
- Track 3 performed by Richie Havens.
- "The "Fish" Cheer/I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-to-Die Rag"
- Track 4 performed by Country Joe McDonald.
- "Joe Hill"
- Track 5 performed by Joan Baez.
- "Wooden Ships"
- Track 6 performed by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- "We're Not Gonna Take It"
- Track 7 performed by The Who.
- "With a Little Help from My Friends"
- Track 8 performed by Joe Cocker.
- "Soul Sacrifice"
- Track 9 performed by Santana.
- Track 10 performed by Jefferson Airplane.
- "I'm Going Home"
- Track 11 performed by Ten Years After.
- "The Star-Spangled Banner/Purple Haze/Instrumental Solo"
- Track 12 performed by Jimi Hendrix.