The Big Book of Social Media
|Subject||Internet Marketing, Business|
The Big Book of Social Media: Case Studies, Stories, Perspectives, released in November 2010 by Yorkshire Publishing, is a compilation of non-fiction articles and chapters written by social media experts in their respective fields and edited by Robert Fine, organizer of the Cool Social Conferences World Tour and founder of Cool Blue Press, with a foreword by Sam Feist, political director for CNN.
The publisher, on its site, summed up the book as, "Not business. Not marketing. This is an idea book." And an article in Business Insider described the book as bringing "the social back into social media."
Contributing authors include: Alan Rosenblatt, Alane Anderson, Alecia Dantico, Alex Priest, Alfred Naranjo, Becky Carroll, Carri Bugbee, Cathy Scott, Colleen Crinklaw, Constantine Markides, Cordelia Mendoza, Craig Kanalley, Dave Ingland, Eric Andersen, Eric Brown, Gary Zukowski, Haja Rasambainarivo, Jennifer Kaplan, Kari Quaas, Lauri Stevens, Lev Ekster, Mark Stelzner, Matthew Felling, Matt Stewart, Melani Gordon, Michael Bourne, Michele Mattia, Mirna Bard, Neal Schaffer, Nic Evans, Noaf Ereiqat, Pek Pongpaet, Perri Gorman, Phil Baumann, Regina Holliday, Rory Cooper, Sam Feist, Shashi Bellamkonda, Shrinath Navghane, Steve Pratt, Ted Nguyen, Todd Schnick, Tonia Ries, Wayne Burke, as well as Robert Fine.
Reviewer Mike Brown wrote on the Brainzooming blog that the book goes "beyond the valueless chatter out there; it provides solid discussions of real-life social media strategy implementations that have truly integrated organizational objectives and delivered real metrics."
And Tech Cocktail wrote it in its review, "Through a collection of entertaining anecdotes and insightful marketing agendas, one sees what social media is truly all about and how it is revolutionizing the communications industry."
The book was a winner in the 4th Annual Reader's Choice "Small Business Book Awards" for 2011.
Windmill Networking named it the Top 15 recommended social media books of 2010.
In 2011, at the SXSW social media festival in Austin, Texas, Fine launched Cool Blue Press and reintroduced The Big Book of Social Media, with plans, he told a reporter from the Washington Examiner, for other new media books and publishing projects, including The Social Media Monthly magazine.
- "The Big Book of Social Media Offers Excellent Tips for All Organizations". Business Insider. 13 August 2011.
- "The Best of Social". thebestofsocial.com.
- "Plancast - Find Things to Do & Upcoming Local Events - Event Planning & Promotions - Plancast". plancast.com.
- "Social Media Strategy in "The Big Book of Social Media" - The Brainzooming Group". The Brainzooming Group.
- "Book Review: The Big Book of Social Media Case Studies, Stories, Perspectives by Robert Fine". techcocktail.com.
- "Social Media". smallbiztrends.com.
- Neal Schaffer. "Best 15 Recommended Social Media Books of 2010". Maximize Social Business.
- Washington Examiner, "Cool Blue Press dares to launch at SXSW," "Cool Blue Press dares to launch at SXSW," March 2011
- Thornton, Leslie-Jean. "Book Review: The Big Book of Social Media: Case Studies, Stories, Perspectives and Future Media." Journalism & Mass Communication Educator 67, no. 2 (2012): 185-188
- ""The Big Book of Social Media" - Google Scholar". google.com.