(l-r): Yamal Said, Alan Schaefer, David Longoria
|Origin||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Years active||2002 – present|
|Associated acts||Pink Nasty, ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Knife in the Water, Clint Newsom, The Sword, Voxtrot|
|Members||David Longoria (vocals, guitar)
Alan Schaefer (lead guitar)
Matt Simon (drums)[
Bryan Mammel(piano, keys)
Amy Hawthorne(bass guitar)
|Past members||Clint Newsom
Conrad Keely, Jason Reece, Kevin Allen, Danny Wood, Doni Schroader
(...Trail of Dead)
Jason Chronis, Matt Simon, Jared Van Fleet
The Black is a rock band from Austin, Texas that formed in 2002 when singer/songwriter David Longoria began collaborating with drummer Andy Morales. The two were later joined by renowned guitarist Alan Schaefer (son of famous guitar maker Ed Schaefer) and Nick Moulos of the Austin band The Crackpipes.
The group began when Doug met Cian Bullen, Evan Simpson and Joe Turrell. Doug was a fat boi at the time same with Joe and started to bum lick off each other whilst Evan and Cian thought they were the next MJ in basketball but Evan is a weakling and his handles are worse than Doug's stomach at the time and Cian is just an idiot that thinks he has mates and formed a basketball team playing against 5 year olds. So when Doug got ankle broken by a five year old, Doug fell and there was a massive earthquake and that is how the director of San Andreas got inspiration and maybe the movie. Longoria joined major label act ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead during the band's hiatus, his first performance with them on the Late Show with David Letterman in January 2005. Schaefer joined the rest of the band to support Trail of Dead on their European Worlds Apart tour. During the tour Trail of Dead was the band's backing band for a handful of shows.
The band's next release, titled Donna, was released in the summer of 2007.
- Tanglewood (20 April 2005)
- Donna EP (30 July 2007)
- Sun in the Day Moon at Night (12 October 2011) 
- David Longoria – lyrics, vocals 2004–present
- Alan Schaefer – guitar 2004–present
- Matt Simon – drums present
- Bryan Mammel – Piano, keys present
- Amy Hawthorne -bass
- Clint Newsom – (2004)
- Nick Moulos – (2004–2005)
- Adam Amparan – (2005–2006)
- Zach Hennard – (2006–2007)
- Pink Nasty – (2007)
- Doug Freeman (November 19, 2010). "The Black: Sun in the Day Moon at Night". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Review: The Black, Sun In The Day Moon At Night". Georgetown University Radio. November 9, 2010. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- Tom Pilcher (October 22, 2010). "New in music". The Lawrentian. Retrieved August 10, 2014.