Black swan (disambiguation)
(Redirected from The Black Swan (book))
Black swan is the common name for Cygnus atratus, an Australasian waterfowl.
Black Swan may also refer to
Arts, literature, TV, and film
Books and stories
- The Black Swan (1932), a pirate adventure novel by Rafael Sabatini
- The Black Swan (Mann novel), a short book by Thomas Mann
- "The Black Swan" (1994), a work of short fiction by Grace Andreacchi
- "Black Swans" (1997), an essay by psychologist Lauren Slater
- The Black Swan (Lackey novel), a fantasy novel by Mercedes Lackey
- Black Swan Green (2006), a novel by David Mitchell
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable, a book about uncertainty by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Black Swan (film), 1942 swashbuckler film adapted from the novel by Rafael Sabatini starring Tyrone Power
- Black Swans (film), 2005 Dutch drama film
- Black Swan, a 2006 noir thriller by Italian rock band Belladonna
- Black Swan (film), 2010 psychological thriller/horror film directed by Darren Aronofsky and starring Natalie Portman
- "Black Swan", an episode from the American TV series FlashForward
- "The Black Swan", a seventh-season episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Black Swan State Theatre Company, state theatre company of Western Australia
- Black Swan Theatre, a performance venue for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- The Black Swan, another name for the character Odile in the ballet Swan Lake by Peter Tchaikovsky
- Black Swan (comics), a German Marvel Comics mercenary and enemy to Deadpool and Agent X
- The Black Swan, a mysterious Russian-born air pirate and femme fatale in the 2000 PC game Crimson Skies
- The Black Swan (pub), a fictional pub in the UK soap opera Family Affairs
- "Black Swan", aria sung by Monica, from Gian Carlo Menotti's opera The Medium
- "Black Swan", a song on Greg Dulli's 2005 album Amber Headlights
- "Black Swan", a bonus track on some versions of Megadeth's 2007 album United Abominations
- "Black Swan" (song), a song by Thom Yorke from the 2006 album The Eraser
- "Black Swan", b-side from several Tori Amos singles including Past the Mission
- Black Swan-class sloop, class of sloops built by the United Kingdom during World War II, including:
- Future Black Swan-class sloop-of-war, proposed future British Royal Navy configurable multi-mission warship class
- Black Swan Project, code name of a shipwreck recovery project
- Black Swan (dredge), a bucket dredge used in Perth, Western Australia, 1872–1911
- Black swan fallacy, or "one black swan", an often cited example of falsifiability or refutability
- Black swan theory, term developed by Nassim Taleb to label unexpected, rare events
- Black Swan Hotel, Devizes
- Black Swans (special forces), special forces unit in the Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Black Swan Data, a London based technology and data science company.
Publishing and printing
- Black Swan (imprint), of Transworld Publishers, UK.
- Inverted Swan, famous stamp featuring a printing error
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Black swan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.