The Blackbyrds is the debut album by the American rhythm and blues and jazz-funk fusion group The Blackbyrds. Produced by Larry Mizell and Donald Byrd with production supervision by Orrin Keepnews.
The album artwork is a section of the Vincent Van Gogh painting, Wheatfield With Crows.
- "Do It, Fluid" (Donald Byrd) 5:27
- "Gut Level" (Lincoln Ross) 4:08
- "Reggins" (Larry Mizell) 4:05
- "The Runaway" (Donald Byrd, Kevin Toney) 4:13
- "Funky Junkie" (Donald Byrd) 7:01
- "Summer Love" (Allan Barnes) 5:08
- "Life Styles" (Larry Mizell) 3:13
- "A Hot Day Today" (Donald Byrd, Barney Perry) 3:16
- The Blackbyrds - Vocals
- Kevin Toney - Keyboards, Melodica, Synthesizer
- Joe Hall - Electric Bass
- Keith Killgo - Drums
- Allan Barnes - Soprano & Tenor Saxophone
- David Williams - Bass
- Oscar Brashear - Trumpet, Flugelhorn
- Perk Jacobs - Percussion
- Ray Armando - Percussion
- "Summer Love"
- "Let the Music Take Your Mind"" by The B.U.M.S. on their Lyfe 'N' Tyme album