6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)
6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
|585 lb (265 kg; 41.8 st)|
The Blackjacks were a professional wrestling tag team. The team consisted of Blackjack Mulligan and Blackjack Lanza. After forming in the 1970s, they wrestled in a variety of professional wrestling promotions, including the American Wrestling Association and World Wide Wrestling Federation. They were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006.
The original Blackjacks
The Blackjacks won multiple tag team titles, including the WWA Tag Team Championship and two tag-team championships in WCCW. They, however, are most known for winning the WWWF Tag Team Championship (with Lou Albano as their manager) on August 26, 1975 by defeating Dominic DeNucci and Pat Barrett.
On April 1, 2006, The Blackjacks were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Heenan.
The New Blackjacks
In early 1997, Mulligan’s son, Barry Windham, and Lanza’s nephew, Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw, formed The New Blackjacks in the WWF. They were known as Blackjack Windham and Blackjack Bradshaw, who originally competed as heels but later as babyfaces. The team never reached the success of their predecessors and disbanded in January 1998, as Windham turned on Bradshaw.
Championships and accomplishments
- World Wide Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
- "The Blackjacks Bio". WWE.com. Archived from the original on 2007-07-03. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "World Tag Team Title History". WWE.com. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "John Layfield's SLAM! Profile". slam.canoe.ca. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING HALL OF FAME MOVING FROM UPSTATE NEW YORK TO TEXAS". PWInsider. November 20, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "W.W.A. World Tag Team Title (Indianapolis)". Puroresu Dojo. 2003.
- Greg Oliver and Steve Johnson (2005). "Territorial Era (1960s–1980s): The Blackjacks". The Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: The Tag Teams. ECW Press. ISBN 978-1-55022-683-6.