The Blossoming of Kamiya Etsuko
|The Blossoming of Kamiya Etsuko|
|Directed by||Kazuo Kuroki|
|Written by||Kazuo Kuroki
|Music by||Teizo Matsumura|
|Edited by||Yoshiyuki Okuhara|
|Distributed by||Pal Entertainments|
The Blossoming of Kamiya Etsuko (紙屋悦子の青春 Kamiya Etsuko no Seishun) is a drama written by Masataka Matsuda. Later, a movie version, directed by Kazuo Kuroki and starring Tomoyo Harada and Masatoshi Nagase, was released in Japan on August 12, 2006. Kuroki died several months before it was released.
In Kagoshima, in the final days of World War II, an offer of marriage comes to Etsuko Kamiya, who lives with her brother and his wife. The offer comes from Nagayo, but Etsuko is attracted to his friend, Akashi.
- Tomoyo Harada - Etsuko Kamiya
- Masatoshi Nagase - Ensign Nagayo
- Shunsuke Matsuoka - Ensign Akashi
- Manami Honjo - Fusa Kamiya
- Kaoru Kobayashi - Yasutada Kamiya
- 31st Hochi Movie Award - Special Prize
- 61st Mainichi Film Award - Cinematographic Award (Koichi Kawakami)
- 21st Takasaki Film Festival - Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Manami Honjo)
- Kinema Junpo Japanese Movie Best 10 in 2006 - 4th Place
- Japanese Film Pen Club in 2006 - 2nd Place in Japanese films
- Roman Rosenbaum; Yasuko Claremont (2011). Note 2: Legacies of the Asia-Pacific War: The Yakeato Generation. Routledge. p. 212. ISBN 978-0-415-57951-3. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|