The Blue Seal
|The Blue Seal|
2010 AOF theatrical film poster
|Directed by||Mike Donis|
|Produced by||George Zywiel
|Screenplay by||Marsha Courneya|
Alan A. Leyland
|Music by||Aaron Tsang|
The Blue Seal is a 2010 Canadian action/drama film directed by Mike Donis and starring John Kraft, Thomas Daniel, Warren Bain and Alan A. Leyland. Set in the fictional rural town of Hontas, Ontario, Canada, it focuses on a socially awkward farmer, John Kraft, who is unwittingly a part of a criminal delivery organization. As he tries to break his ties with the delivery company, he degrades into a violent, evil person who must eventually find a way to return to his compassionate and good-natured self.
The Blue Seal was inspired by a short film which was shot as a part of a 48-Hour Toronto Film Challenge in June 2006. Inspired by the response to their short, Mike Donis, Aaron Tsang and Marsha Courneya decided to start writing a feature-length version, using the storyline of the short film as the introduction to the feature.
The Blue Seal won runner up for two 2010 Action On Film International Film Festival awards. Breakout Male Action Star (John Kraft) and Best Action Sequence, and was nominated for Best Score (Aaron Tsang).
- Plot Summary for The Blue Seal (2010), IMDB.com
- on YouTube (2010-01-17). Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- on YouTube (2006-07-29). Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- In The Toronto Film Challenge part 2 of 4. Blogto.com (2006-06-26). Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- on YouTube. Retrieved on 2011-05-30.
- Official Action on Film 2010 Award Winners and 1st Runners-up in the categories of Film, Video, Documentary, Experimental and Animation
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|