The Book of Common Worship of 1993
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
With the reunion of the United Presbyterian Church (USA) and the Presbyterian Church (US), which took place in 1983, the need arose for a new liturgical book of the Presbyterian Church (USA). Unlike The Worshipbook of 1970, the new book was a massive volume that included a large variety of resources and services.
In preparation for the publication of the new book, seven supplemental liturcial resources (or SLRs), were produced for trial use:
- The Service for the Lord's Day published in 1984.
- Holy Baptism and Services for Renewal of Baptism published in 1985.
- Christian Marriage published in 1982.
- The Funeral: A Service of Witness to the Resurrection (published in 1986).
- Daily Prayer published in 1987.
- Services for Occasions of Pastoral Care published in 1990.
- The Liturgical Year published in 1992.
- Liturgical book of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- The Book of Common Worship of 1906
- The Book of Common Worship of 1932
- The Book of Common Worship of 1946
- The Worshipbook of 1970