The Boomtang Boys
|The Boomtang Boys|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
The Boomtang Boys are a trio of Canadian dance-remix musicians and music producers. They are known for both their remix work and pop-dance music, for their hit single "Squeeze Toy", and for "The Hampsterdance Song" from 2000.
The Boomtang Boys first came together in 1991 as a music production group. The group created dance-friendly remixes of familiar songs, as well as producing music for a number of musicians and bands, including the Juno-awarded Deeper Shade of Love by Camille.
Their debut album, Greatest Hits Volume One, was released in 1999, and produced the hit "Squeeze Toy" as well as "Pictures", both performed by Kim Esty. Greatest Hits did well in Canada, achieving gold status in sales. The single "Popcorn" appeared on the RPM Dance charts in 1999.
In addition to their own recordings they are known for several remixes, for artists such as Bif Naked, Econoline Crush and Kim Stockwood. The trio is still active and is involved in a number of production and remix projects.
Members Tony Grace and Rob DeBoer also tour internationally as the jazz ensemble Four80East.
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|Greatest Hits Volume One||23||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|1999||"Popcorn" (featuring Fred)||—||10||Greatest Hits Volume One|
|"Squeeze Toy" (featuring Kim Esty)||10||5|
|"Pictures" (featuring Kim Esty)||23||—|
|2000||"Both Sides Now"||23||—|
|"—" denotes a release that did not chart.|
- Larry LeBlanc (Sep 11, 1999). "Boomtang Boys' Hit 'Toy' Drives Virgin Debut Canadian Sales". Billboard. p. 95.
- "Top Singles". RPM Magazine - Volume 69, No. 3 May 10, 1999
- Larry LeBlanc (12 September 1998). "Virgin's busy Boomtang Boys step out". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.: 73–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "Want a dance-floor hit? Call these guys ; Boomtang Boys best known for 'Squeeze Toy' but they do so much more". Toronto Star - Toronto, Ont. Aug 19, 1999 Page: 1
- "The Boomtang Boys Greatest Hits, Vol. 1". AllMusic Review by Heather Phares
- "Boomtang Boys Interview". The Celebrity Cafe, November 29, 2000
- "RPM Dance/Urban 30". RPM Magazine, Volume 68, No. 19 Mar 01, 1999