The Box (Levinson book)
The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger is a non-fiction book by Marc Levinson charting the historic rise of the intermodal container (shipping container) and how it changed the economic landscape of the global economy. The New York Times called it "a smart, engaging book".
The Box won a bronze medal in the Independent Publisher Book Awards (2007) in the "Finance/Investment/Economics" category. It also won the 2007 Anderson Medal from the Society for Nautical Research. The Box was shortlisted for the Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award (2006).
- Levinson, Marc (2006). The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger. Princeton University Press. ISBN 0-691-12324-1.
- Davies, Howard (2006-04-01). "Thinking outside the box". Times Online.
- Krug, Nora (2008-04-13). "Globalization 1.0". Washington Post.
- Nocera, Joe (2006-05-13). "A Revolution That Came In a Box". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-24.
- Hillman, Jeremy (2008-09-08). "The Box takes off on global journey". BBC News.
- "Announcing 2007 Independent Publisher Book Awards Results". Independent Publisher Book Awards. 2007. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Awards". Society for Nautical Research.
- "Award shortlist announced 2006". Financial Times. 18 September 2006. Retrieved 30 May 2012.