The Bradenton Times
|Owner(s)||The Bradenton Times, Inc.|
|Headquarters||405 26 Avenue West
Bradenton, Florida 34205
|Website||The Bradenton Times|
The Bradenton Times is an online newspaper founded and continuously published on the Internet from Bradenton, Florida. It is a web news and community resource site for Bradenton and Manatee County designed to supply broad coverage of information about the community as well as current local, regional, state, and national news.On April 24, 2017, Publisher Joe McClash announced in an article published on the site that the Bradenton Times would end daily publication and become a weekly publication online.
The stated philosophy of The Bradenton Times is to be a community voice by providing news of local, state, and national topics and additionally, by providing readers the opportunity to comment on news articles, submit local photographs, create their own news articles, participate in polls, and provide article-related forums directly on the site.
Founder and publisher
The newspaper was founded and is published by Joe McClash, a commissioner for Manatee County since 1990 and the owner of McClash Rentals, Inc. After serving in the United States Marine Corps from 1975–1979, at the age of twenty-four, he founded McClash Heating And Cooling, continuing that business from 1982–2002. He founded TBT in 2008 to provide a "one-stop" location for all community information and local news.
Official participation in other community government and affairs by McClash includes chair of Manatee County Port Authority, as well as serving on the Manatee County Civic Center Authority, West Coast Inland Navigation District, Environmental Action Commission, Tourist Development Council, and the Sarasota and Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization. He also has participated in many other organizations in the community such as, CEO Roundtable, Tampa Bay National Estuary Program, Manatee Chamber of Commerce Joint Planning Committee, ITS Program, and the Bradenton Yacht Club.
The editor of the newspaper, Dennis Maley, was a freelance writer and regular contributor to a regional magazine, Creative Loafing, before joining The Bradenton Times. Maley also wrote a regular column for Boxing World magazine and had been a featured writer in many health and fitness publications. Maley's opinion column appears each Thursday and Sunday and tends to focus on politics and economics.
- Bradenton Patch
- "Headlines The Bradenton Times News Headlines". The Bradenton Times. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- Recognition by the University of South Florida
- "Guest Op/Ed: Why Parents are Choosing Charter Schools". Imagine Schools. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Media Coverage - Sarasota Bay Estuary Program". Sarasotabay.org. 2016-04-07. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Home - Theatrical Rights Worldwide online". Theatricalrights.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- District Seven, Manatee County
- "Welcome to the Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization". Mympo.org. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Boxing World". Boxingworldmagazine.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.